Livingston, West Lothian
Circa £21,500 pro rata
27 Hours per week, Permanent Part -Time
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
West Lothian Outreach Housing Support, works with young people aged 16 years to 24 years who need support as they make the transition to more independent living or are at risk of becoming homeless. In addition, the Service can support 15-year old’s in preparing them to become more independent and develop skills which would help them sustain their current and future placement.
We are looking for a Young Person Practitioner who will support young people move onto their own tenancy/suitable accommodation.
The aim is to support young people overcome barriers that can include housing, homelessness, confidence and self-esteem issues, poor social skills, lack of qualifications, employment opportunities, and offer support and advice on maintaining their home. This role may require some evening work depending on the service and young people’s needs.
You will make a difference by:
– Engaging and building trust with young people to carry out assessment of needs.
– Set, short, medium and long-term goals with the young person to help them achieve their full potential.
– Carry out regular planned support and reviews with the young person.
– Enable young people to make informed decisions about their future including employability prospects.
– Provide support, encouragement and advocacy to young people to help sustain their tenancy.
– Liaise with agencies to enable young people to feel safe and secure in their own home as well as other more specialist agencies where needed. i.e. counselling services etc.
– Support young people to overcome their barriers to training, education or employment.
You will need:
– Minimum qualification of SVQ 3 Social Care or equivalent.
– Register with SSSC.
– Knowledge of the issues and barriers faced by young people.
– Knowledge of statutory and voluntary agencies.
– Experience in developing support plans.
– Up to date knowledge of safeguarding.
*A driving License and use of a car is essential for this post*
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work .
We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we’ll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits .
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For any further questions about this role, please contact our recruitment team business partner anne-
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD THURSDAY 28TH JANUARY VIA MICROSOFT TEAMS
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Lothian
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.