Do you want to be in a position plays vital role in achieving sales budgets and profit growth?
We have an opportunity for an experienced Yard Operative to join our team on a full time, permanent basis. As a key member of the MTS team, the aims of this role are to undertake yard duties, provide excellent customer service and help to maintain operational effectiveness
Myers Building Supplies has 14 branches throughout Yorkshire and is part of the family owned Myers Group. We are looking to recruit a motivated individual with a positive attitude to join our committed and experienced team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful family business with strong links to the local community.
The successful Yard Operative will receive a competitive rate of pay plus fantastic benefits including;
– Excellent Holiday Allowance (including day off on your birthday) which increases with length of service.
– Pension Scheme
– Training & Development Programs to help meet your career ambitions
– Staff Discounts
– Employee Assistance Program
Responsibilities of our Yard Operative include:
– Contribute to the delivery of the MTS sales and margin targets whilst maintaining a value proposition for the customer
– Contribute to a proactive culture of H&S, ensuring everyone in the team complies with the Company HSE policies and procedures
– Take direction from the Yard Supervisor on all matters relating to yard activities and keep them informed of any matters that may impact the branch
– Maintain stock in the yard ensuring all paperwork is completed accurately and in full
– Maintain safe and efficient yard operations to ensure a consistent high standard of appearance, safety and security
– Maintain display areas in the yard in order to maximise customer engagement and sales
– Liaise proactively with customers on a day to day basis and undertake relevant yard duties in order to fulfil customers’ needs
– Identify and act on opportunities for increasing sales, reducing costs and increasing efficiency
– Communicate efficiently with all members of the team
– Seek and continuously develop product knowledge
– Any other reasonable duties which may be required by the Company from time to time, as instructed by or under the direction of your line manager
To become our Yard Operative you must have the following skills, experience, and attributes:
– Must be PC literate
– Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload
– Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules
– A professional attitude, demeanour and experience in customer service
– Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
– Must be self-motivated, with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
– Must have strong interpersonal skills and can solve problems at source
– Must possess excellent organisational skills and good time management
– Must be self-driven, genuine with a positive attitude and clear focus
– Must be sufficiently mobile and flexible to work beyond the call of duty to achieve results
– Ability of operate mobile plant as required
– Have a suitable health and fitness level to conduct work appropriately
If you feel you have all the skills and knowledge required to join our team as a Yard Operative, please click ‘Apply’ today.
Unfortunately, we can’t respond to all applications so if you haven’t heard from us within 3 weeks of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.