Welder (TIG / MIG – Stainless & Mild Steel)
Based: Stourbridge, West Midlands
£13-14.50 per hour (depending on experience) + overtime
Benefits including 32 days holidays (including statutory days), free parking on site, pension scheme & death in service benefit
Our Client is a well-established business who specialise in the design, manufacture and build of conveyor systems. With a range of products applicable to a number of industries, their turnkey solutions add opportunities to exceed global standards, whether in a small family-owned business or a large international corporation.
Due to their continued success, they now wish to recruit an additional skilled welder to join their shop floor team. In this role the successful candidates will be responsible for timely production of key projects using stainless and mild steel to produce work which meets stringent food industry standards.
Responsibilities will include:-
• Welding a variety of bespoke fabrications and components consisting of sheet material (min 1.5mm thickness (plate, flat, bar, box section etc) using both MIG and TIG welding practices
• Use of other machinery such as press brake, guillotine, saw, drills (pedestal & power) and hand tools
• Some site work, including installation, commissioning, servicing and maintenance (around 5%)
• Reading and understanding engineering drawings
• Assist in quality and inspection of client equipment prior to the next stage of production
• Maintain H&S and quality standards including PPE of their own work and as part of a team
• Accurate completion of all paperwork, including timesheets, stock control sheets, site reports etc
• Working safely in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures
• General tidiness and organisation of the shop floor.
Suitable candidates should possess the following:-
• Qualifications in welding, or be time served
• Experience to a high standard in TIG welding working with stainless steel and mild steel, in an engineering environment. Some ability to MIG weld is also required
• Experience of working in a highly regulated industry such as food, pharmaceuticals etc would be a definite advantage
• Flexibility to undertake overtime where needed (paid at enhanced rates)
• Flexibility to occasionally travel to sites around the UK and internationally (allowances and expenses paid)
• Full driving licence (use of company vehicle when travelling to site is provided)
• Full UK Passport (to enable international site work)
• FLT Licence would be an advantage, or the willingness to train
• Experience of using an overhead crane, or the willingness to train
• Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Able to work as part of a team and also by yourself
• Professional attitude, able to represent the company well when on site
• Good basic understanding of IT systems in a manufacturing environment, or willingness to learn.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 7am-3.30pm (40 hours per week), with overtime at time 1/3, time ½ and double time when requested.
This is an opportunity to work in a permanent role, with excellent benefits, in a company which is growing year on year.
Interested? Please email your CV using the link provided. Candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted for telephone / video interview.
Please also note that a trade test and health assessment will be part of the interview process for this role.
Salary: £13 – £14.50/hour +Overtime+Expenses+Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Stourbridge, Dudley
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.