Knauf UK & Ireland are a market-leading manufacturer of lightweight building materials for the construction industry. We are part of the Knauf Group, the world’s largest producer of gypsum-based products for the construction industry.
With two manufacturing plants in the UK and a state of the art Showroom based in the heart of the A&D Community in Clerkenwell, London – we are well equipped to Build for the World We Live In.
We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Team Leader to join the business to be based at our manufacturing facility in Immingham – the role will see the post holder work 12 hour shifts; with no weekends.
You are expected to assist the Supply Chain Manager to ensure the warehouse is run safely, correctly and efficiently while maintaining a strict clean-as-you-go policy at all times. You are expected to provide excellent customer service by ensuring all orders are safely and correctly loaded and ensure continuous quality checks and monitoring are carried out by staff members. Communication is essential and you are expected to start and end with a clear accurate shift handover to ensure everyone is aware of any problems being encountered.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
* You are required to follow company Health and Safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself and others
* Following training and when competent to do so you are expected to stand in for the Supply Chain Manager when they are not on site.
* You are expected always to put safety first and when you are unsure you are expected to seek to understand first.
* You are expected to always comply with all quality systems to ensure the best product is sent to our customers.
* To ensure a consistent approach you are expected to follow operating procedures.
* You are expected to operate clean-as-you-go standards in line with the 5S methodology, ‘A place for everything & everything in its place’ to ensure overall efficiency in the workplace.
* In order to keep warehouse downtime to a minimum you are expected to keep detailed records and report any issues you come across concisely and correctly.
* You are expected to conduct regular checks to ensure staff members and agency staff are working to the correct standards, in doing so you will continually challenge and review SOPs. Ensuring your teams carry out their role following the latest version.
* You are expected to undertake PPD’s for warehouse MPO’s and conduct reviews for agency staff.
* To ensure a full understanding when arriving and leaving shift, you are expected to give a handover report at the end of shift and receive a handover at the start of shift.
* You are expected to participate in any project or process improvement, taking a lead on identifying improvements and playing a key role in implementing any resultant changes.
* You are expected to liaise closely with other Team Leaders and the Supply Chain Manager to maintain standards and drive improvements.
* You are expected to actively participate and give input to several team and individual projects, including, Staff Council and Health & Safety
* Anything else commensurate to complete your role as Team Leader
* A high regard for health and safety standards with an understanding of H&S regulations.
* A good level of spoken & written English.
* A high level of attention to detail.
* Have a proven experience in a warehouse and logistical operation.
* A good level of mathematics.
* Ability to analyse a production plan, to maximise stock allocations.
* Able to communicate well with peers and colleagues
* Deliver KPIs, OEE, Staffing constraints
* Level headed under pressure.
* Hold a valid Fork Lift Truck licence (Counterbalance)
* Able to demonstrable previous understanding of operational planning, continuous process, quality systems and Health & Safety
* IT literacy: proficiency in the basic functions of MS Office Word, Email, Excel, Transporeon and SAP
Knauf UK & Ireland are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
We categorically do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies; any profiles that are sent to Knauf UK & Ireland without the agency being appointed prior will be treated as a gift from the agency. Knauf UK & Ireland will not be liable to any agency fees should we engage with any of the talent sent speculatively by a third party.
Knauf UK & Ireland outsource pre-employment checks; please be advised that should the business extend an offer of employment, you will need to engage and cooperate with a 3rd party in order to provide information pertaining to pre-employment checks which include, but is not limited to; Employment Reference Checks, a Social Media background check, a Basic Criminal Disclosure check, a Highest Education check, and a Professional Qualification/Membership check.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Immingham, North East Lincolnshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.