Fantastic benefits and rates of pay available at our client’s fast-paced distribution centre. Every night is different, and we are looking for helpful and talented people to join a close-knit team, with a fun, family-style atmosphere.
Staffline is recruiting for a Warehouse Operative to work for one of the world’s biggest fashion retailers in Newcastle-Under-Lyme.
The rate of pay for night shifts is £10.90 per hour, which will rise to £12.00 after the successful completion of 12 weeks.
When you start, you will work on a 33 hour per week contract with unpaid breaks. After 12 weeks, your contract will increase to 36 hours per week, which will include paid breaks.
You will be required to work the following shifts:
– Sunday 7 pm – 6 am then
– Monday to Thursday 11.45 pm to 6 am
Overtime is available and will be initially paid at £13.59 per hour, rising to £15.32 per hour after 12 weeks.
You will be required to be flexible to meet the demands of the business
Your Time at Work
As a Warehouse Operative at this site, you will work with items of clothing, home-wares, and even furniture, preparing them for distribution nationwide.
You will also select items to fulfill store orders, and you will help move stock around the warehouse.
Warehouse Operatives also assess the quality of the clothing and work to maintain the high standards of health and safety at the site.
Your duties will include:
– Tagging and ticketing clothing
– Fast-paced order picking
– Processing stock for distribution
Some manual handling will be required in this role.
Our Perfect Worker
Our ideal Warehouse Operative will:
– Be open-minded and honest
– Always be ready to help people in your team
– Have a can-do attitude and be able to adapt when things change quickly
– Use your initiative to solve problems when they turn up
– Be able to manage your time efficiently and meet deadlines
– Be up for a challenge and ready to go the extra mile to be good at your job
Previous warehouse experience is desirable but not essential, as full training will be provided.
Key Information and Benefits
– Earn £10.90 p/h rising to £12 p/h after 12 weeks on night shifts
– Overtime paid at £13.59 p/h rising to £15.32 p/h after 12 weeks
– 33 hour per week contract with unpaid breaks
– 36 hour per week contract with paid breaks after 12 weeks
– Shift times are 6 am to 3pm and 3pm to 12am (midnight) on day shifts
– Shift times are Sunday 7pm to 6am and Monday to Thursday 11.45pm to 6am on night shifts
– Typically, you will work any 4 out of 7 days and 1 weekend in 3
– Great staff benefits including store discounts, childcare vouchers, life insurance, pension, and generous holiday allowance
– OnSite support from Staffline
– Subsidised canteen on site
– Free car parking on site
– Good links to public transport
– Uniform provided
– PPE provided
– Full training provided
– Temp to perm opportunity
– Career progression opportunities
– Modern working environment
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline.
Job Type: Temporary
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.