Hunter Mason Consulting are recruiting for a Utilities Surveyor in the South East of England.
The Company is is a geotechnical and environmental consultancy offering a comprehensive range of services to the housing developers, public sector development, commercial construction, road, rail and utilities sectors. These vary from desk studies through to on-site intrusive investigations, which are used to provide ground models for contaminated land assessments, foundation, pavement, road and drainage designs. In addition we undertake slope stability analysis and design, basement impact assessments, contamination remediation strategies and validation reports together with earthworks specifications and material management plans
Current projected turnover for the 2020/21 financial year is anticipated to be in excess of £2.5M and as a result we need to further expand our team with the addition of a Technician to meet the growing workload. We are looking for a Utility Surveyor who has a track record in Utility and GPR surveys to help with our expanding workload within the housing, road, utilities, rail and construction industries. The successful candidate will also receive training in ground gas/ground water monitoring to support the company in their ongoing site monitoring programme.
The ideal candidate will have a strong focus on high level of service with a professional approach, determination and ambition.
This is for work nationally, but the majority of work with be in the south and south east of England.
The role of the technician will be threefold:
1. Primarily travelling around our sites undertaking detection and mapping underground utilities with CAT and GPR techniques, as well as groundwater and ground gas monitoring using a dip meter and a gas monitor – training will be provided.
2. Taking samples to our laboratory supplier in Watford.
3. Providing support to our consultants either on-site doing tasks such as digging foundation exposures, or with sorting of soil samples at the office.
Candidates need to understand that travel is an important part of the role, given how our geographic coverage has expanded over the last 6 six years.
We are looking for someone specifically based in the Hampshire, West Surrey, East Berkshire area. They would report directly into the Head of Rail, Road and Utilities
The competencies of a GPR Surveyor/Technician are:
• 1 Years’ experience minimum of undertaking buried services scans with a GPR and CAT
• Capable of data processing, interpretation and presentation of survey results
• Experience in the use of AutoCAD
• Team working skills, in order to contribute within a team to the execution of a wide range of activities.
• Used to physically active work.
• Ability to take instruction and meet deadlines.
• The ability to plan workload effectively.
• Understanding the importance of meeting customer needs.
• Clean driving license.
• Experience of driving commercial vehicles preferred.
• CSCS card
It would be desirable if the individual had any of the following:
Login or register to view
Utilities Surveyor/Technician Project
(phone number removed)
Less than 10
Salary: £20000 – £25000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Guildford, Surrey
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.