A highly regarded, North American owned Customs & Trade Compliance Consultancy is recruiting for a Trade Compliance Specialist to be based at offices in Valencia, Spain.
* An opportunity to join a highly regarded service provider that is seen as a leader within it’s field
* Career progression opportunities within a globally expanding organisation
* Competitive salary package – c. €40K plus benefits
Main Purpose of the Role;
As a member of the Trade Compliance team, you will monitor and determine the EU and National specific Tax, Excise Tax, Import and Export regulations on behalf of client’s. You will act as a mentor, trainer, presenter, with the intention to share knowledge and experiences in a wider group of people. Plan and conduct Compliance audits and assessments based on Customs and according to customer specific requirements.
* Act as the National Customs Compliance subject matter expert in Spain and European Union and provide support to the internal and external customers by providing operational and trade compliance expertise
* Technical and legal research – obtain, analyze impact of new or changing European Union and national tax, excise tax, import and export regulations, such as: customs rules & regulations, trade documentation, including but not limited to Customs Tariff of the European Union, Rules of origin and export & import restrictions
* Providing Customs and international trade related trainings
* Compliance Projects – lead, participate and perform projects within compliance matters.
* Consultancies & Appeals – research and responds to straight-forward Operations and governmental requests
* Organize and carry out the internal and external Compliance assessments for various operational and Compliance areas, including risk-based approach and AEO. Report the assessments results and provide recommendations for improvement
Skills & Experience Required;
* Fluent Spanish & English speaker
* Proven customs / trade compliance experience within the Spanish market
* Excellent analytical skills and in-depth detailed knowledge of the National and EU tax, excise tax, import, export and transit regulations (under Customs and other governmental agencies, etc.)
* Ability to provide interpretation and direction on laws and regulations to all levels of management internally and externally
* Working knowledge of the Compliance audits & testing skillsets
* Competency in auditing the Company and customers against EU and International Trade requirements
* Ability to travel for business purposes, including audits and on-site customer support
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interface skills with company internal departments, external clients and Customs Authorities, e.g. applications, process documentation, audit reports, management presentations, etc.
* Mentoring, coaching, training abilities
* Ability to work independently, make decisions and recommendations within authorized limitations
For full details, please contact Willis Global – a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Import & Export Industry.
Salary: £29700 – £38200/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Valencia, Spain
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.