This is an excellent opportunity for a Science graduate to gain valuable experience in the commercial sector with great career prospects.
Our client has established itself as a significant distributor of raw materials, chemicals and technical support for a wide variety of industries.
They wish to appoint a Technical Sales Support representative to be responsible for supporting the Business Development Manager and Business Development Representative in supplying customers with quality products, increasing sales and ensuring and maintaining customer satisfaction. Office based with the expectation that the role will lead to field based.
* Responsible, with the team, for the ongoing management of transactions in line with the procedure.
* Responsible, with the team, for maintaining customer and supplier relationships, purchase requisitions, quotations, costings, orders and all related communications.
* Responsible, with the team, for internal sales calls to old, existing and new customers –10 call per week and report submitted weekly.
* Management of product samples in line with procedure.
* Responsible, with the team, for ensuring that transactions are in alignment with Group strategy and procedures.
* Responsible for the accuracy and quality of the underlying data input into enterprise software systems.
* Responsible, with the team, for the ongoing review of stock and overaged stock to ensure accurate and responsible management of stock levels.
* Responsible, with the team, for ensuring that the credit policy is adhered to and that all credit risks are motivated timeously with correct information and within procedure
* Responsible, with the team, for the proactive and timeous collection of debtors in line with agreed terms and deadlines.
* Newly qualified with BSc or MSc in Chemistry or Polymer related subject.
* Curiosity to understanding our transactions; why customers buy or don’t buy, to improve the business information of its customer and supplier value proposition.
* Computer literate, an intermediate user of Excel and understanding of MS office products – Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
* People management skills.
* Ability to work with and support a team.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to listen.
* Self-awareness and commitment to ongoing self-development.
* Understands the value of giving and receiving feedback, both positive or negative, in a team context.
Whitehall is the Recruitment Specialist for the Chemicals, Coatings, Polymers and Life Science based Industries.
Salary: £22000 – £28000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.