Our client, an exciting high technology engineering and manufacturing business in Sheffield, seek to appoint a Technical Sales Manager. Reporting to the Managing Director the appointed Technical Sales Manager will identify new business opportunities with existing and prospective customers and convert them into sales to meet the company targets for growth and profitability. On offer is an excellent base salary for this largely internal role and long term, stable employment for a market leading engineering business with a great R&D team. There’s lots of great products that customers do want to buy and are enquiring about!
A large part of your role will be fielding incoming enquiries and responding to inbound contact and you will need excellent English language and communication skills for initial exploratory conversations and writing the bids, tenders and proposals that come from those. As well as this there will occasionally be opportunities for you to generate further revenue from outbound marketing activity. You will need to be able to be able to sift good from bad, quickly, and hone the company in on the profitable business that needs to be won rather than giving equal priority to every enquiry.
Technical Sales Manager – Role and Responsibilities – Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager / BDM / Account Manager / Electronics / Engineering / Automotive
* Establish and maintain relationships with designated existing and prospective customers
* Communicate new product propositions to existing and prospective customers
* Plan, prepare and deliver responses (inclusive of presentations) to existing and prospective customers
* Maintain Customer Relationship Management database accurately and in a timely manner and produce a monthly sales progress report to senior management team
* Promote and develop corporate image and reputation and contribute to overall business development plan
* Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions and provide the senior management team with market activity feedback
Technical Sales Manager – Skills and Abilities – Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager / BDM / Account Manager / Electronics / Engineering / Automotive
* Degree qualified (or equivalent) preferred but not essential
* Experience writing bids / tenders and proposals for advanced technology and complex engineered systems
* Proven track record in a technical sales role within an engineering market sector. Often you’ll liaise directly with other engineers (and purchasing and leadership posts too)
* Excellent proposal presentation skills
* Confident working in an autonomous role (you’ll get supported but will be relied on to be the self-starter the team needs)
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with customers and colleagues at all levels
Technical Sales Manager, Engineering, New Business, Technical Sales Engineer, Business Development Manager, Electronics, Automotive
This is an excellent role offering generous compensation for the right person. If you’re right for this role then you’ll recognise it’s an opportunity not to be missed!
Salary: £45000 – £55000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.