I am working with a market leading company to recruit a sales engineer to manage their South West Territory. You will be dealing with direct clients and distributors to maximise the company’s market share and therefore profitability.
The main purpose of the role is to talk to customers about their machinery tooling and build relationships so they use the companies tooling on an ongoing basis. The sales engineer will also build relationships with tooling distributors to try and increase market share that way. You will need to have a background in technical precision engineering preferably with machine tooling, and combined with a strong sales background will put you in a strong position.
The sales engineer will be generating leads and prospecting as well as managing the current clients, this is definitely a role for “hunter” salesperson rather than someone who wants to manages current accounts, although that is part of the role.
Role requirements / responsibilities
* Selling and establishing products via select distribution with a strong emphasis on the company’s High Performance range.
* Actively and efficiently following up on all leads and enquiries within the region
* Report market trends in relation to all products.
* Assist the Director of Sales in budget planning, distribution selection, and forecasting.
* Responsible for sales and gross profit margins with trading accounts and for customer service levels within the South & South West of England.
* Attending trade shows to promote the company products
* Technical expertise and tooling knowledge
* Selforganised, time management plus a positive and optimistic outlook
The role comes with everything required to do the role – car, laptop, phone etc and has a strong benefits package. It is based in the South West so ideally candidates will be based around Bristol but that is not essential.
If you are an experienced salesperson or an experienced machinist with some sales experience please apply now to find out more.
Salary: £40000 – £60000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: BS1, Bristol, City of Bristol
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.