Technical Manager (Metallurgy / Materials Science)
A superb hands-on role for a senior leader with experience within an industrial setting along with qualifications in Materials Science or Metallurgy, where you’ll be leading by example and have an amazing opportunity to play a key role and become part of the Senior Leadership Team of an ambitious and rapidly growing business.
Less Common Metals (LCM) is a world leader in the manufacture and supply of complex alloy systems and metals, specialising in those based on rare earth elements. With many years’ experience in the production of materials to tight compositional tolerances and controlled microstructures, we take a highly flexible and innovative approach to a wide range of material requirements.
The modern LCM facility in Ellesmere Port, has seen heavy investment in recent years including the introduction of a significant vacuum furnace capacity to fuel its exciting growth plans. The company has several UK & EU projects, including SecREEts, a €3m project being delivered over four years.
Rare Earth Elements (REEs) are critical and non-substitutable raw materials with high economic importance for the European industry, as they are crucial components for a broad range of advanced products. The main goal of the SecREEts project is to establish a stable and secure supply of critical REEs based on sustainable extraction from European apatite sources used in fertiliser production. The main objective of the project is to demonstrate a new integrated value chain for the optimal extraction, refining and production of REEs in Europe.
The Role – Technical Manager (Metallurgy / Materials Science)
Joining our business at an exciting time of expansion, you’ll be reporting to the Commercial and Technical Director and overseeing the technical process design and development, investigation and corrective actions concerning capability, customer support along with equipment design and procurement, all with the view of ensuring that the group develops and succeeds.
Your duties will also include, although not be limited to:
* Overseeing, coordinating and contributing to the development of new processes, both for existing and new products and to facilitate the transfer of such processes into production
* Managing participation in several collaborative European projects, including carrying out practical experimental work, representing the company at meetings, preparing documentation, and presenting activities and results
* Providing technical support to the site Production, Analytical and Engineering functions, regarding improvement initiatives for existing processes or products
* Ensuring all development activities are undertaken and designed with due regard to the Health and Safety of personnel and equipment
* Supporting, promoting, and complying with the Quality Management System and the Environmental Management System, following all relevant environmental legislation in respect of materials, emissions, and waste disposal practices
As the role includes management of our participation in European projects, some overseas travel will be required (once current travel restrictions are lifted).
Our Requirements – Technical Manager (Metallurgy / Materials Science)
* Proven experience within a senior leadership position within an industrial setting
* Qualifications in Materials Science and/or Metallurgy
* Experience in giving technical presentations
* Ability to manage budgets and several different projects simultaneously
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate technical details to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
You’ll be part of a longstanding workforce based at our site in Ellesmere Port, working within a business culture that promotes a healthy work life balance, gives you the freedom to take ownership of your workload whilst working autonomously, and provides plenty of support to enhance your knowledge and skills through self-development.
As Technical Manager, you’ll benefit from:
* A salary of around £50,000
* 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 25 days after 3 years)
* Employer contributory pension scheme
* Permanent contract, working full time hours, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4:30pm (some flexibility with start and finish times)
All applications for this Technical Manager (Metallurgy / Materials Science) vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Salary: £50000/annum + attractive benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Location: CH65, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire West and Chester
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.