Our client is responsible for the operations management of wind energy projects and the operation and maintenance of solar PV plants all over UK and Ireland. They are currently expanding their team & require a Technical Operator to work from their Control Centre in Edinburgh
* After an extensive training phase, you will be responsible for remote monitoring and control of the operational wind farms and solar plants using our client’s operation management software
* Answering national and international service calls, record the issues involved, monitor the compliance with occupational health & safety requirements and find appropriate solutions
* In cooperation with our project managers, ensuring the optimal operational conditions of wind and solar plants, analyse malfunctions and carry out error statistics
* Documenting the plant life history in detail and maintain the logbook WTSR & work control records
* Ensuring the compliance of quality standards, work procedures and improvement processes
* Monitoring weather at sites for safety of maintenance technicians.
* Communication with OEM wind centres, customers and other third parties
* Analysing data to diagnose and resolve issues
* Setting up and maintaining lone working arrangements
* Liaising with WTG maintenance contractors to maximise availability.
Ideal candidates will have:
* Minimum HNC level in a technical discipline with knowledge and experience of control room operational practices
* Solid understanding of compliance with safe systems of work processes including Wind Turbine Safety Rules (WTSR’s) and the legislative requirements in the UK
* Strong interpersonal skills together with demonstrable understanding and experience of business safety, operational management requirements, process system development and implementation
* High level of customer and service orientation and a strong willingness to learn and develop
* Training in using computer and standard programs and ability to quickly familiarize with new tools and software systems
* Able to work under pressure and strong in multitasking
* Ability to solve problems systematically and have an analytical and structured way of working
* Team player with good communication skills on the phone with the ability to work independently
* Willingness to occasionally take over on-call duties is essential
* A high level of commitment and flexibility complete your personality. Please note, working hours will be according shiftplan: early 07:00 – 15:30, day 09:00 – 18:30 and late shift 12.00 – 20:30 in rotation.
For more information on this exciting career opportunity please contact the recruitment team or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly’s . For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Salary: £30000/annum + o/t & on call allowances
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.