The Role: We are looking for an Experienced Team Leader to join our team in Dukinfield. You will be working in an intensive complex support site for individuals with mental health issues and/or learning difficulties and behaviours that challenge. Whilst this is a challenging service, it is equally rewarding as we are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to have fulfilled lives, achieve goals and gain further independence. The service is split into ten beautifully presented apartments, conveniently situated within close proximity to Dukinfield Town Centre. This service is easily commutable from surrounding areas via easy transport links. You will be reporting to the Service Manager and will be responsible for Support Workers and Waking Night Support Workers. You will need to be flexible, as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays & weekends. A full Driving Licence is essential.
The Organisation: In this year’s CQC inspection, we were rated as Outstanding. CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with Autism, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health illness and Neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and in residential care.
You will need to:
• Ensure that the individual needs of people we support are met to the highest standard.
• Support the Service Manager to ensure that staff are trained to meet the needs of the people we support and their training complies with CQC.
• To support and deputise for the Service Manager in developing the staff team
• To carry out management tasks as directed by the Service Manager
• To ensure the service delivered is of a high standard and meets and exceeds the CQC standards in line with the values of CareTech.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment.
• To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality.
• To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events.
• To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required.
• To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
The Successful Candidate for the role will have:
• NVQ 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care.
• At least 12 months experience in a similar position.
• The ability to keep calm under pressure.
• Confidence to work alone and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience supporting individuals with mental health issues, learning disabilities and challenging behavior
• The passion to work with vulnerable Adults.
• The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
• CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
• CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviors associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
• We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents and are Disability Confident.
• To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
• All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
• Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Unfortunately due to the large volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all candidates. If you have not heard from us within the next 14 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Dukinfield, Borough of Tameside
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.