The Team Leader is a direct support to the work area and builds respect for our people by putting the team’s ideas to work in timely manner. The success of the person in this role is vital to the continuous improvement efforts in machining, assembly and/or material handling and the success of the Company to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Summary of Duties
The Team Leader will:
1. Be the first line problem solver in terms of Safety, Quality, Production Flow, Tooling, Machine Issues and Quantity Produced up to and including stopping the line to correct problems. If the problem is not able to be solved by the team, the Team Leader will recognise the type of support needed, escalating the problem for appropriate assistance.
2. In support of #1 the Associate’s target machine operating time should average a maximum of 40%-50%. Some days can be as much 100% machine operation when covering for team members who are off. The machine operating time is to aid in recognising issues with standard work, process, or machine that may not come out in conversation.
3. Help ensure a safe working environment exists in the area at all times. All safety concerns should be immediately brought to Supervision’s attention.
4. Help the team perform 5S and TPM to ensure the work area is kept clean and orderly at all times and all visual KPI (Key Performance Indicators) tracking boards are updated at the required time intervals.
5. Take the lead role for their shift in addressing any quality concerns or defects that may develop throughout the shift. The Team Leader may be asked to conduct training sessions with the associates to raise awareness and resolve issues as it is related to quality and proposed solutions.
6. Assist in the initial training of all new associates that are assigned to their shift and area. Training will include, but is not limited to the following:
• Maintaining and using the proper tooling
• Maintaining and operating machines
• Understanding the daily priorities
• Insuring the correct procedures, and standard work are followed to produce quality parts
• Daily completion of the necessary paperwork throughout the shift, and updating the KPI boards
7. Lead by example and provide coaching to all associates as needed to insure all policies and procedures are followed during the shift. Examples include but are not limited to: safe work practices, time management, adherence to the plant work rules, and quality. If the coaching does not prove to be effective, the Team Leader should recommend development requirements to the Value Stream Manager so the appropriate actions can be taken.
8. Have the ability to be cross trained on multiple machines and must be able to become proficient to train machine set-up and operation.
9. Have knowledge of the proper inspection methods to ensure all parts are made to print.
10. Have the ability to work closely with Quality, Engineering, and Maintenance to identify areas for improvement and problem solving as they arise.
11. Associate may be asked to provide input as to the development of fellow associates only when it is to aid in the improvement of KPIs of the assigned area.
12. Maintain an open line of communication with fellow associates to communicate concerns or ideas to Supervision in a timely manner. Included are issues regarding personnel training, safety, quality, delivery, productivity, or general concerns relating to their assigned area. Meetings with supervision should be scheduled as needed to address any concerns.
13. Interface daily with the previous shift Team Leader as well as the following Team Leader to pass on relevant information.
14. Help monitor and maintain standard WIP, parts, supplies, and tooling kits as prescribe by standard work or work to develop the standards and the time intervals for each.
15. Be available to work the required shift schedule based on their shift assignment and will be available to work the necessary overtime as needed.
16. Be required to work all physical inventories as scheduled.
17. Miscellaneous duties as required.
1. Assist in directing the assigned area as required
2. Assist in job assignments and recommendations to supervisors on coverage to meet production needs
3. Assist in auditing quality standard work, areas for 5-S, TPM and safety compliance
4. Lead daily team meetings, problem solving sessions as needed
5. Daily incremental improvement in KPIs
6. Promote a sense of urgency, pride and respect in the team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Associate should demonstrate positive team orientation, self-initiative with a positive tempo, good verbal communication, solid problem identification and resolution, stays positive and adaptable in challenging conditions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Good general education
• Hold a recognised technical engineering qualification or demonstrable experience in a similar manufacturing environment
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Understanding of problem solving techniques
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, lift, and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Manual lifting requirements include but not limited to the following:
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 5 kgs
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 kgs
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 kgs
For More info please Call Alex on (phone number removed) or email
Salary: £28000 – £30000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.