Salary – £16275 – £17000
Our specialist education based client is seeking to recruit an additional Teaching Assistants to join their teams. Due to workplace location your own transport is essential.
Summary of the role
To assist the Class Teacher or Subject Teacher in the teaching and learning in the classroom.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
* If designated to a particular child, to be mainly with that child and liaise with the teacher as to what work or play the child should do.
* Help any particular child at any time as requested by the teacher.
* In liaison with the teacher, assist any child he/she sees as needing help at any time.
* Be a general support for discipline.
* Assist the teacher in classroom tasks, including keeping the classroom clean and in good order.
* With the teacher’s direction, follow any child who absconds from class and check the child does not cause damage or harm to themselves or others, and encourage the child to return to class. If the child disappears, report the incident to the Education Co-ordinator and/or Reception.
* Advise staff in the Teachers’ Room if a student is out of class.
* Assist the students before school, break and at lunch time.
* The Teaching Assistant will make themselves familiar with all school policies, rules, health & safety and legal requirements and will work in accordance with them.
* Assist with the preparation and upkeep of paperwork.
* Be available to take students to a local college or off-site activity, driving the school van or own car if necessary.
* Develop a culture that is committed to high achievement and where the learning of students is our constant focus;
* Working with the Management Group to promote a positive working culture and high quality teaching and learning;
* Support the Management Group in the development and implementation of change;
* Work with students, staff and parents to promote consistently excellent behaviour for learning and caring, respectful relationships Other:
* Undertake professional development and appraisal.
* Work with students, staff and parents to promote consistently excellent behaviour for learning and caring, respectful relationships with others:
* ensure that classroom expectations are enforced and that the school’s Behaviour Policy is implemented;
* ensure the care of rooms and other spaces, including furnishings and fittings;
* ensure the school’s Health and Safety policy is implemented and monitored in the department, including appropriate risk assessments when necessary;
* Help create a strong school community reflective of key values;
* Undertake other responsibilities as directed by the Management Group.
Hours of Work
The core hours for this role are 8.45 – 4.00, Monday – Wednesday, Thursday 8.45 – 4.30 and Friday 8.45 – 3.30. On occasion you will be required to work additional hours to enable you to fulfil your role.
You will be required to participate in 6 Seminar Days a year, Team teach and other training as necessary during school holidays or at weekends during term time and other training during lunch breaks in term time.
Your own transport is essential for this role due to the workplace location.
Superb opportunity within specialist educational establishment.
First Recruitment Services is acting as an employment agency on behalf of this vacancy
Salary: £16275 – £17000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.