Daytime Healthcare are recruiting for a friendly, confident, experienced band 7 Surgical Care Practitioner.
This is a permanant full time position, working 37/5 hours per week
Shifts: Shifts are Earlies & lates (7:30am – 3:30pm & 1:30pm – 9:30pm), and includes Saturday shifts plus on call rota.
* As the Surgical Care Practitioners you will work as members of the surgical team and perform surgical interventions and post-operative care under the supervision of a senior surgeon.
* Providing the highest level of patient care to a group of consultant surgeons across specialties.
* Must possess advanced knowledge of a range of surgical procedures and show evidence of current practice and theory in the field.
* You will develop a strong working relationship with each consultant and be able to fully anticipate and assist according to their individual working style, ensuring their requirements to work at the highest standard are met.
* Work under the supervision of the consultant surgeon who has overall responsibility for the surgical care received by the patient.
* You will provide advanced surgical and anatomical knowledge, skills, leadership and training/supervision for the department, across specialties where required, indirectly and directly supervising the senior staff nurses, staff nurses and health care practitioners within your specialties. This includes the appropriate assessment and evaluation of care.
* The role combines clinical expertise, leadership and educational, research and audit skills with managerial and professional responsibilities.
* You will be predominantly concerned with ensuring the delivery of the highest standard of patient care, assisting the surgeon in maintaining a clear and safe surgical field.
* Demonstrate an advanced level of evidence-based theory and practice, with a proven record of clinical decision-making and autonomy.
* Be able to work to deadlines.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
* NMC Registration
* 8 years post graduate experience in operating theatres
* Evidence of current Surgical Care Practitioner experience
* Proven experience of robotic surgery
* Evidence of current theory and practice relating to chosen specialty
* Advanced Specialty Knowledge
* Appraisal Systems
* HR Policies & Procedures
* Auditing skills
* Good communication and delegation skills
* Appraisal skills
* Disciplinary skills
* IT literacy
* Customer Care skills
* Supervisory skills
* Able to lead a multi-disciplinary team, providing a competency based training programme.
* Good time management skills
* Able to work under pressure
If you are an experienced band 7 Surgical Care Practitioner looking to progress in your career then apply today to secure a quick interview.
Salary: £44085 – £53157/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Marylebone High Street, Greater London
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.