INTERVENTIONS ALLIANCE is a division of Seetec and will be delivering CFO Activity Hubs. The Activity Hubs project is funded via the HM Prison & Probation Service Co-financing Organisation (HMPPS CFO). We offer tailored support for offenders who, due to their multiple or complex barriers are unable to access or fully benefit from mainstream services. The programme, available following release from prison and to those serving community sentences, has dual aims – to increase effective engagement with core probation services and to encourage participation in activities to help individuals lead law abiding lives. Participants are enabled to access tailored support, appropriate to their individual circumstance and assessed needs. The activities include a holistic range of social, creative and group activities and the opportunity to interact with positive role models and peers.
Attendance is voluntary and there is no statutory or any other form of compulsion. To facilitate participation, a key focus will be on providing a warm, welcoming and enabling environment. CFO Activity Hubs provide a safe and supportive space where participants can, and most importantly want to engage. Hubs are placed in the heart of local communities, involving local organisations and/or community representatives, to increase integration and the availability of local support for participants.
The aim is to provide a comprehensive programme of activities to enable participants, to engage with support available through existing provision. Ultimately, the aim is to address barriers to work and/or equip individuals with the necessary skills needed to desist from offending and successfully reintegrate into to their local communities.
Join our team as a Support Worker to perform key worker duties to a caseload of hub participants, from initial engagement and assessment through to exit from the programme. You will provide motivational support and guidance to our participants to help sustain their engagement, so good communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships is essential.
Our successful candidate would ideally have a qualification in Probation/Social Work or similar, however we would also love to hear from you if you have recent criminal justice sector operational knowledge or experience.
We need your excellent time management, planning and organisation skills, including the ability to lead multiple activities and achieve outcomes. You will also have the ability to engage with individuals who have experienced disadvantage and/or have multiple complex needs.
* Contribute to the creation and provision of a welcoming and inclusive environment, in which CFO Activity Hub participants are enabled to fulfil their potential and desist from crime.
* Undertake Key Worker responsibilities for a participant case load.
* Lead and contribute to the delivery of a range of Hub Activities, designed to enable individuals to achieve positive change.
* Provide information as required, to support the monitoring and tracking of performance against contract targets and to ensure activities are effective.
* Contribute towards a learning environment in which all staff are staff are enabled to develop their skills and experience, and engage in activities to share best practice.
* Handle personal data in accordance with the organisation’s data protection policy.
* Contribute to the development of positive stakeholder relationships.
* Work individually and as a team member, to deliver high quality performance that meets the requirements of the CFO contract and provides tailored, effective support to participants.
Skills and Experience
* Level 3 Diploma in Probation Practice, Social Work or equivalent – desirable
* Recent criminal justice sector operational knowledge/experience desirable
* IAG Level 3+ not essential for all support worker roles.
* Good understanding of resettlement pathways, including behavioral change and desistance approaches to reducing re-offending.
* Experience of deploying motivational strategies to develop individuals.
* Fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes and digital technologies, e.g. Microsoft Teams
Experience of two or more of the following:
* Delivery of group work programmes to support positive change and reduce reoffending.
* Delivery of individual programmes to support positive change and reduce reoffending.
* Knowledge of the local labour market, skills provision, local service providers.
* Delivery of Advice and Guidance (i.e. debt management/ Employment, Training Education, housing/substance misuse/mental health)
* Supporting those with substance misuse or mental health problems.
* Delivering community engagement/volunteering projects.
Salary: £24,650 – £29,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours: The core hours are Monday to Friday between 10 and 4, and some work may be required in the evening and/or Saturdays to total 37 hours per week. We operate a flexible working policy to reflect the flexible opening times of the Hubs and for the benefit of employees.
Closing Date: 1st March 2021
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care scheme, Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
In light of Covid 19 all interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams
Seetec – Interventions Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec – Interventions Alliance support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
Seetec – Interventions Alliance is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The Activity Hubs project is funded via the HM Prison & Probation Service Co-financing Organisation (HMPPS CFO). HMPPS CFO is a European Social Fund resettlement support programme which delivers projects aimed at improving employability, which are seen as key to changing lives and reducing reoffending.
Salary: £24650 – £29000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Bristol, City of Bristol
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.