A leading Defence company recruit Supply Chain Professionals to join their Naval Ships business in Glasgow on an initial 6 month contract.
Supply Chain Professional – 6 month contract – Glasgow, G14 0XN – £35.44ph UMB or £28.00ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager, the role is responsible for delivery of assigned Procurement activities for UK and International programmes.
The role holder will draw upon Procurement best practice, subject matter expertise and LfE to lead assigned Procurement Packages within the Complex Systems and/or Modified Systems/Equipment Categories up to and including contract award and contract handover stage.
This role will lead the delivery of assigned Procurement Packages from initial procpack development, through RfP/RfT, contract pack development, Contract Review Board briefing packs, negotiation, contract placement and post contract award handover:
* Lead cross functional engagement to facilitate the delivery of robust business inputs to RfP/RfT preparation
* Control of RFP activities in accordance with appropriate legislation e.g. single source contracting
* Prepare Pre-qualification to the potential bidders, assist in evaluation of responses and prepare Bidders Lists
* Coordinate and lead Package kick off meetings/bid reviews
* Assessment of RFP responses
* Lead Contract negotiations including Terms & Conditions
* Experience of leading sourcing activity in a Supply Chain environment in defence or similar industry e.g. automotive, aerospace
* Ability to support development and implementation of contract management strategies
* Highly developed negotiation skills, including Terms and Conditions
* Demonstrable knowledge of Contract Management best practice
* Working knowledge of the legal environment related to purchasing contracts and framework agreements
* Strong influencing skills and ability to work across geographically split teams and suppliers
Job Type: Contract
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.