Supply Chain Manager
This highly-respected, leading engineering company has an excellent opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to work at their specialised Croydon manufacturing facilities.
Core Responsibilities include:
* Strategic management of all aspects of materials management.
* Management of purchasing & logistics personnel on a day to day basis ensuring performance levels match the levels expected.
* Responsible for continued focus on minimising inventory levels based on improved purchasing policies.
* Ensure materials supply is co-ordinated and is linked to customer requirements i.e. parts are available when required and then picking/dispatching is timely and accurate.
* Management and development of the suppliers of our low volume, highly bespoke engineered components, mainly from highly skilled machine shops and tool rooms.
* Develop partnerships internally with German parent company to manage supply of parts in an efficient and timely manner.
* Control MRP and consequent materials purchasing and rescheduling working in conjunction with our Sales teams and Production Controllers.
* Represent the UK business in global Purchasing and Logistics initiatives leading and supporting projects as required.
* Use continuous improvement techniques to improve department performance.
* Keep distribution costs under review and at all times ensure the optimum balance of performance, flexibility and cost is achieved from distribution partners.
* Optimise imports to minimise customs costs.
* Work with the quality department to ensure speedy and detailed resolutions to supplier quality issues are delivered within our non-conformance process.
* Extensive experience of working within an engineering environment in a senior purchasing role.
* Degree qualified and membership of CIPS would be an advantage.
* Experience of purchasing low volume engineered parts from a range of machine shops would be a distinct advantage.
* An Engineering background or experience of working within an engineering environment is essential.
* Good all round communication and IT skills including knowledge of MRP systems is essential.
* Leadership and influencing skills.
* Analytical ability (costing, finance and performance).
* Be living within a reasonable commute of Croydon.
* Salary Bracket £55k – £65k (dependent on experience)
* Car Allowance
* Annual Bonus (pro rata on year of joining)
* Life Assurance
* Pension scheme
* Private Health Care
* Dental Scheme
Salary: £55000 – £65000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Croydon, Greater London
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.