Supply Chain Coordinator
Reporting to: Technical Purchasing Manager
Essential Qualifications / Skills:
A Levels (or equivalent – and preferably 3).
Confident with ability to expedite purchase orders and deliveries with suppliers (previous experience of this is required)
Experience with an ERP/MRP computer package (we currently use Microsoft Navision)
Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets – intermediate level
Ability to analyse and problem solve
Good communication skills liaising with the production department and suppliers
Must speak clear fluent technical English
Desirable Qualifications / Skills: (not essential)
Degree Qualified (preferably in a Purchasing / Logistics / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering or any other field)
Experience of involvement in the ERP system upgrade.
Current full manual driving licence
You will be given comprehensive training in production to gain knowledge of our product range, and to see the flow of materials from goods in, to assembly, test and despatch.
You will gain insight to the order process from start to finish and gain knowledge of departmental interaction.
In house ERP training from Department staff will be provided.
* Prioritizing component deliveries with our suppliers to ensure that they are delivered in a timely fashion to meet our production schedule.
* Running reports from our MRP system to establish if any deliveries are overdue and progressing these with the supplier before these affect our manufacturing operations.
* Managing the packaging requirements with the suppliers. Ensuring KANBAN deliveries are taking place smoothly.
* Managing the requirements of various fixings/nuts/bolts that are used within the product. Ensuring the Direct Line Feed delivery is regularly taking place.
* Liaising with production personnel so that on receipt urgent components are processed promptly and are made available to the correct staff without delay.
* Monitoring work in progress within production to ensure any component supply issues are addressed in a timely fashion.
* Attending production meetings, providing a concise summary of any component availability issues which could impact our ability to meet our customer’s needs to your reporting manager.
* Create picking lists for production and spares orders and issuing them to the stores team in timely manner.
* Regularly monitor the email inbox and deal with enquiries, order confirmations, quotations in a timely manner.
* Joint responsibility for checking the order acknowledgements and liaising with team members to communicate priorities to fulfil production and stock holding requirements.
* Support with the day to day running of our lamp supplier, ensuring that lamps are received within acceptable lead times, conforming to the necessary quality standards, correctly labelled, and within management agreed price levels and payment terms.
* Assist with expediting extrusion deliveries from suppliers to subcontractors.
* Joint responsibility for house-keeping activities for inventory item cards – correct prices, lead times, min and max re-order levels, blocked/obsolete items, descriptor lines. In particular to regularly liaise with engineering staff to keep abreast of production development and the effect on current product lines.
* Cover for any Purchasing team tasks when other members are absent for any reason.
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000
Minimum hours of work: 08:45 – 17:15 Monday – Friday.
Pension upon joining the company
Life assurance, after qualifying probationary period (6 months)
Out of pocket expenses reimbursed
Private healthcare and increased pension contributions after further qualifying period (2-3 years)
33 days holiday, including UK Bank holidays.
After long service holiday increases further.
To hear more about this opportunity, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss the position and company in more detail.
Salary: £28000 – £30000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Crawley, West Sussex
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.