Our Client; a truly global leader in the manufacture of Specialist Vehicles and Survivability systems are enjoying a very healthy order book. It is for this reason that we have been tasked with finding a Spares Fulfilment Team Leader to join the Through Life Support (TLS) team as soon as possible on a permanent basis.
As a business, they specialist vehicles and their accompanying spare parts to clients across the globe. The Spares Fulfilment Team Leader serves as the senior focal point, within the TLS department, for all matters regarding the provision of spare parts (and tools) worldwide to satisfy a demanding customer base of military, civilian and internal customers.
The demand for parts occurs through:
Purchase order from a company equipment owner or operator, purchase order from an approved repairer, as a result of a warranty claim, in support of internal projects, and though existing or future supply agreements.
We are seeking those who have exemplary attention to detail, a thorough and conscientious “hands-on” approach and the flexibility to adapt to changing requirements in the department and wider business.
Key responsibilities of the Spares Fulfilment Team Leader include:
* Delivering commercial quotations/bid/tender response with respect to spare parts supply.
* Ensuring all spare parts sales are quoted in accordance with annually agreed mark-up.
* Raising part demands (for processing by the company Purchasing Team and/or the applicable Production Manager) in response to the specific demand.
* Administering (in accordance with the terms of the purchase order or supply agreement) and expediting (by liaison with the internal supply point) spare part demands.
* Ensuring appropriate parts labelling and arranging dispatch/delivery of spare parts both from SAP and physically.
* Swiftly resolving delivery issues and customer spares parts rejection.
* Assisting the Accounts department with customer payment issues.
* Maintaining expert knowledge of the terms of any applicable supply agreement (where one is in place) and agreement specific pricing.
* Providing excellent service to internal and external customers on a daily basis and in a timely manner.
* Ensuring all customers’ needs and requirements for parts are met and having the foresight to see additional sales opportunities.
* Monitoring stock and providing recommendations to the TLS Manager for the range and scale of spares holding of fast-moving items.
* Customer liaison visits.
* Formal reporting, including but not limited to: spares sales; workload; concerns & challenges.
* Provide leadership and direction to two subordinate reports, Spares Fulfilment Coordinators, responsible for allocated customer accounts and specific spares fulfilment duties.
The Spares Fulfilment Team Leader should have the ability to identify spares parts from parts catalogues and electronic media to address a customer’s request. Obtaining spares for the vehicles can often be challenging. Where parts are not clearly defined, you may require you to investigate further to support the wider team and for this is, would be advantageous that this person can understand engineering drawings.
Other desirable skills include:
An ability to demonstrate a detailed understanding of the component parts of a vehicle.
Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both staff (in purchasing, production and stores areas in particular) and customers in addition to an enthusiasm to contribute to all areas of the company when required.
Adequate numeracy and literacy skills to deal with spare parts documentation.
A keen eye for detail.
The ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction.
Handles telephone transactions quickly and courteously.
Helps customers identify their spare parts requirement.
Has a flexible approach to work during busier times and when holiday cover is required.
Can work in accordance with ISO 9001 process & procedures.
The ideal fit for the role will be those who possess strong management qualities, advocate change management and can unite the diverse teams to achieve the end goal of supporting all client’s needs.
In terms of industry background, we are looking for either Motorsport, niche or low volume automotive manufacturing experience and/or knowledge/exposure to Defence land vehicle production.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a vehicle parts supply role.
* The ability to communicate effectively and articulately at all levels within the business will be essential as well as being a team player.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools.
* The following experience/knowledge is desirable:
* Experience of using SAP.
* Knowledge of parts supply to military customers.
* Working knowledge of export process and procedures.
* The ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
On offer to the successful candidate will be a competitive, albeit negotiable and based upon relevant experience, basic salary, together with benefits.
N.B. Due to the nature of the work, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ALL APPLICANTS DO HOLD A FULL AND VALID BRITISH PASSPORT. Please do not apply if you fail to meet these criteria as we will not be able to complete the required security clearance for you.
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Addlestone, Surrey
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.