To oversee operations on a day-to-day basis, and ensure that work is done safely, on time and within budget and to the right quality standards.
The site manager will monitor progress, oversee delivery of materials and carry out safety checks and sort out any problems which could hold up work as they arise.
The site manager will always also keep in close contact with members of their site team, and liaise with architects, engineers, surveyors and planners.
He or she will also ensure that work complies with building regulations and health and safety legislation as well as other legal requirements.
* Understand and implement the company safety policy
* Establish standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications / requirements.
* Be commercially aware and undertake the works in the most economic manner.
* Maintaining Site Records and communications between all parties involved on the contract.
* Produce and develop project programmes and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time.
* Ensure all employees and sub-contractors are suitably trained/competent to carry out the prescribed task and that the necessary licenses/certificates of competence are in force and appropriate.
* Organise the works and coordinating both direct labour and Subcontractors.
* Manage project handover and ensure defect / snag free completion.
* Monitoring progress of the project.
* Liaising with clients or the client’s representatives to update on progress.
* Checking and preparing reports for clients, Senior management or Directors.
* Keeping all stakeholders informed of progress and sharing project plans with relevant persons
* Support with troubleshooting and problem solving
* Support the Management of accident reduction programs
* Management of enhancements, improvements and site layout including traffic management.
* Overseeing direction of the project ensuring the clients specifications are met.
* Developing self and others
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and/or under pressure
* Commercial awareness
* Lead and motivate
* Trust/confidence/discretion always
* Challenge the status quo
* Planning & Organising
* Excellent communication skills at all levels
* Proactive and use of own initiative
* Detail conscious
Salary: £38000 – £40000/annum Car or Allowance + Package
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.