ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We are at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
About the Position
An exciting opportunity has become available within the management team at the ALS Chatteris Food Testing Allergens laboratory.
This is role is an integral part of the smooth running of the department.
This is a shift based role which runs from Sunday to Thursday, 08:30 to 17:00, it’s a full time permanent position, which comes with all the ALS benefits.
Some information about the position:
* Efficiently organise and manage the team to ensure that all samples are analysed to a high standard by suitably trained staff within a time limit appropriate to the client expectations.
* To continually review resources including staff, equipment and consumables and to inform the Laboratory Manager if they are inadequate to meet the analysis demands.
* Ensure that agreed quality and safety checks are continually adhered to by the team and that all paperwork is completed in full.
* Ensure the client requirements are fully understood before analysis is started and that all samples are checked to ensure that they are suitable for testing prior to work starting.
* Communicate to the client where necessary and communicate any delays in turnaround or queries regarding individual samples. Manage day to day incoming client communication queries regarding the analysis of their samples.
* Perform final approval checks on results and act as a certificate signatory.
* Make changes to specification and customer standing data at the request of the client or through sample type review.
* Be responsible for staff motivation and discipline and assist with recruitment and performance reviews.
Background and / or Experience / Skills
* Ability to motivate a team, with a “sleeves rolled up attitude” (A must have)
* Supervisory / Managerial skills (A must have)
* Good organisational skills, ability to work on own initiative (A must have)
* Confident using Microsoft EXCEL and other office program (Desirable)
* Great Communication skills, ability to communicate instruction effectively (A must have)
* Degree or Equivalent in a Biological or Chemistry Subject (Desirable)
* Understanding of ELISA & DNA techniques and procedures (Desirable)
The opportunity to become part of a growing function of ALS, the kudos of being part of one the most successful areas of ALS Chatteris. The opportunity to join a business where career progression forms part of its culture.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: PE16, Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.