A new role for a Service Supervisor is available for one of the leading RAC businesses in the UK.
The Supervisor will be responsible for leading a team of technicians, skilled/semi-skilled engineers, apprentices and trainees involved with the maintenance, service, installation and repair of commercial/industrial refrigeration and air conditioning plant.
• Directly supervise a team of service engineers/techs
• To accurately estimate labour cost of maintenance, service & repair work and prepare quotations for customers.
• To help allocate labour to maintenance, service, installation and repair contracts with specific responsibility for customer satisfaction and financial result.
• To carry out simple design and project work from catalogue sales. Agree and meet sales margin with Service Manager.
• To plan all service, maintenance, installation and repair work using available records, estimates, drawings and specifications to meet contract requirements.
• To ensure training for Engineers and Technicians is carried out as necessary.
• In conjunction with Service Manager to ensure maximum utilisation of human and material resources, providing engineering support as required.
• To exercise proper control over work in progress, ensuring speedy job completion.
• To ensure that the Company’s technical and safety standards are maintained in accordance with Health & Safety Practices as outlined in the Company Health and Safety procedures and to make recommendations for improvements as necessary as well as the reporting of accidents.
• Responsible for the authorisation of timesheets and expenses for input and that this information is reflected on sales invoices.
• To perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Preferred Background –
The Service Supervisor will have carried out a similar role or Lead Engineer type role (with planning skills), in a previous RAC business that operates contracts in the industrial &/or heavy commercial (chillers, ammonia, process cooling, etc) and possess a technical background in these sectors of the trade.
Key attributes would be –
• Strong planning and organisational skills (able to work to tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to engage and motivate a team
• Minimum five years’ experience as a Service Engineer/Technician.
• Substantial practical experience with all aspects of refrigeration and air conditioning, both mechanical and electrical.
This vacancy is seen as Urgent by the client
Salary: £38000 – £42000/annum +Vehicle, Travel, OT, Call Outs,
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.