The Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to provide commercial support to the project team, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements. They will liaise with customer representatives and other third parties on commercial issues including agreement of variations, claims and any additional payments.
* Accurate monthly forecasting
* Ability to challenge resources and costs
* Maintaining deadlines in line with monthly commercial calendar
* Provide assistance to Project /Site Managers, to support and give guidance on all commercial issues within the projects.
* Manage the Procurement of Subcontractors.
* Ensure the subcontract process is administered correctly to protect the Company
* Providing support and assistance to the Commercial / Contracts Manager
* Commercial management of several concurrent projects.
* Ensure robust, accurate and timely cost and value reporting at both project and business unit level
* Ensure accurate cash flow reporting takes place
* Carry out cost management including forecasting
* Update the monthly CVR, cost and commercial plans and have accountability, along with the project team for the commercial performance and strategy
* Help ensure that commercial processes are adhered to across the business unit
* Actively seek to improve processes and procedures
* Ensure that any main contracts entered into have terms and conditions that are appropriate for
Company, with commercial risks identified
* Ensure that the supply chain is engaged appropriately with the correct contract terms and conditions
* Ensure that good client relationships are fostered
* Be responsible for subcontract letting, negotiation and financial accounting
* Maximise monthly valuations
* Deal with claims preparation, final account negotiation and settlement
* Manage the compensation event process including timely submission with cost information
* Timely final accounting to maximise margin
* Ensuring Minimum liability to the Company in relation to commercial and legal risk.
Salary: £50000 – £55000/annum Car or Allowance + Package
Job Type: Permanent
Location: York, City of York
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.