At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because, look beyond our projects and programmes, and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
We all deserve a clean, safe environment in which to live. But climate change and rapid urbanization mean our world is a more complex place. It’s why we need bright thinkers, people who can deliver sustainable solutions that benefit our clients, people and the communities in which we operate.
As part of a growing and agile business, our Environmental Planning team is looking for a Senior/Principal Environmental Advisor with an excellent understanding of materials and waste. The role will support our Impact Assessment team, by leading on the delivery of waste and materials solutions to support our clients to move towards net zero designs. As part of the role you will play a key role in the successful delivery of major multidisciplinary development projects. Within the role you will author and direct the preparation of ES materials and waste Chapters is required, with experience of climate/ GHG assessments and/ or experience in the energy sector an advantage. You’ll be instrumental in improving the environmental performance and developing impact assessments for a diverse range of projects
The project we work on include large scale energy and infrastructure projects, large-scale mixed-use development schemes for both private and public clients, public realm, masterplanning and on world renowned major transport projects across the rail and highways sector.
You will also be responsible for the following:
* Providing leadership and technical advice in the preparation of waste and materials deliverables including contributing to the production of Environmental Statements (preparing Waste and Material Resources Chapters, Operational Waste Strategies, Materials Management Plans and Site Waste Management Plans)
* Design advise and planning support for major developments in relation to waste. Working with clients to identify cost effective ways to minimise construction, demolition, and excavation waste and to implement actions to minimise carbon emissions
* Champion high standards of environmental performance within multidisciplinary engineering projects, influencing project development and delivering optimal environmental outcomes
* Supporting the Impact Assessment team with service delivery across a range of EIA projects, coordinating the delivery of environmental work being undertaken by multi-disciplinary teams
* Proactively managing selected projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
* Contribute to tender proposal/ bids and support the business in winning new work. Enhance and develop existing and new contacts, to attract repeat and new business
* Support the development of strong customer relationships and delivery of client-focused solutions
Demonstrable experience in waste and material resources in EIA practices. Excellent technical knowledge to include ES methodology, techniques, legislation and guidance and construction industry best practice
Experience of construction waste management including waste quantification, waste minimisation and the circular economy
Experience of developing Site Waste Management Plans (including the quantification of construction, excavation and demolition waste), Materials Management Plans and Waste Strategies (covering construction and operational waste)
Experience of facilitating design workshops to minimse waste and optimise design opportunities
Experienced across a range of EIA project types, ideally within the energy, residential/mixed use/ regeneration sector, as well as in and/or other major infrastructure projects
Practical working knowledge of the UK planning system and consenting process
Experience in consulting and negotiating with planning authorities, regulators and stakeholders
Relevant Environmental or Sustainability related discipline or equivalent qualification preferably with chartered status or working towards
A valid UK driving licence
Desired: Business development experience, including selling both the existing core services and develop new work streams within both the internal marketplace and with external clients
Desired: Knowledge and application experience of sustainability or carbon assessments
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.