SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER (ELECTRO-MECHANICAL) IN EAST SUSSEX
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity in East Sussex?
Does the idea of working with a fantastic electronics manufacturing organisation sound appealing??
Then get in touch! Kingston Barnes has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer position for one of our clients in East Sussex.
The Company: With the company’s success continuing to grow steadily, they are looking at expanding the work force on site in order to maintain production levels. They are a market leader within a highly profitable industry and are looking forward to another successful year within this marketplace. The business has shown consistent growth and is constantly developing new systems to maintain their competitive advantage in existing markets. The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will receive support and development which will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further yourself and progress your career within a continually expanding business.
The Senior Mechanical Designer (NPI) will:
* Develop, define, 3D Model and produce engineering drawing packages in support of the manufacture of new product designs. For developing concepts for the new products and will ensure the technology chosen will meet the required product cost targets.
* Be accountable for his/ her designs and be able to reasonably argue his/her decisions made within the design.
* Ensuring that agreed schedules, budgets and deliverables are met to ensure that the assigned New Product Development projects deliver the specified product to the Product Company to agreed timescales and budgets.
* Aesthetics and a flair to create a modern looking product is essential to this role.
To be able to join the team at this exciting time you will need to have: –
* Degree in Engineering Discipline (lower qualification with more experience will be considered.)
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a 3D CAD Designer preferably in an electronics development environment.
* Must be able to demonstrate the ability 3D Model and produce an Engineering Package for manufacturing.
* Must be able to demonstrate the ability to design using cost effective methods of manufacturing and production assembly.
* Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels
* Must have experience in packaging electronics and a good knowledge of electronics design and manufacturing.
* Must have a comprehensive knowledge of a range of materials
* Knowledge of some differing manufacturing processes including (some of): –
* Sheetmetal Design and fabrication
* Machined parts
* Injection Moulding
* Sand Casting
* Investment Casting
* Low Pressure die Casting
* High Pressure die Casting
* Rapid prototyping techniques
If you are interested please call Justin Reynolds on (phone number removed) or apply online
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to
Salary: £38000 – £42000/annum £38k – £42k
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Eastbourne, East Sussex
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.