My client is a large design and build contractor working on the Severn Trent Water framework who are in need of a hydraulic modeller with proven water industry experience, ideally using Synergee/Synergi to join the team in Birmingham.
The positon is offering competative pay for the right candidate, and can start successful individuals at their earliest convenience due to the role being a replacement position.
What will this role involve?
* Delivering clean water infrastructure projects within a framework contract
* Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts, when required
* Progress projects from feasibility stage through detailed design to construction
* Liaise and maintain good working relationships with client’s, operational staff and third parties
* Comply with the requirements of the business’ Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
* Be confident to work under minimum supervision
Role Specific Responsibilities
* Attend and document site surveys to review opportunities, risks and mitigation plans
* Prepare site investigation requirements and interrogate results
* Undertake / manage hydraulic analysis to determine optimum design solution and to minimise supply interruptions during construction and commissioning
* Manage sub-consultants when required (external designers, surge analysis, M&E, structures, etc)
* Prepare risk and contingency documents, setting out construction technique, construction order and commissioning within live distribution network
* Supervise / provide guidance to other team members
* Ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards
* Attend, and present at, regular design status meetings
* Attend technical project review meetings and be confident to discuss design matters
What are we looking for?
* An experienced potable water engineer, preferably with experience of hydraulic modelling using Syerngi
* Conscientious and dedicated to making a success of the business
* Able to interface with clients and present a professional image of the business
* High level of interpersonal and team working skills
* Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and AutoCAD. Synergi would be an advantage but not essential
* Knowledge of CDM Regulations
* Ability to manage multiple schemes and prioritise workload
* Awareness of the commercial impact a ‘good’ or ‘bad’ design can have
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Salary: £33000 – £40000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.