Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management. Our 50,000+ employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility.
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
Jacobs are one of the leading consulting firms in the Highways sector where we deliver a diverse range of projects for Local Authority frameworks, private highways markets and major projects for Highways England. We have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
We also provide professional services through our strategic alliance with Ringway Jacobs delivering to local authorities throughout England under long term contracts. This includes a range of schemes from minor municipal projects to major projects exceeding £100m.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and making a difference to our clients (90% of our business is repeat business driven by our performance on existing schemes).
Expand your highly sought after technical expertise on complex projects that are strategically vital to Britain’s infrastructure ambitions. Deliver strategic capability and well thought out solutions that genuinely help shape our clients’ business or mission. Thrive in an ethical, safe and healthy environment.
* Reporting to the Project Manager, you will lead a team of engineers and technicians working on a variety of projects;
* You will be responsible for the preparation of feasibility studies, scheme reports, and scheme design for highways, drainage, flooding and a variety of other projects;
* You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across the project and for the monitoring of progress;
* You will be expected to attend progress meetings, public exhibitions and public inquiries.
* Degree in Civil Engineering;
* Proven experience of most aspects of major highway schemes;
* Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills;
* Thorough understanding of DMRB standards;
* Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
* IEng/CEng and MICE status or equivalent;
* Experience of construction supervision;
* Knowledge of the financial management and control of projects;
* Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options;
* Ablility to produce well-presented and accurate reports;
* MX/3D Cad proficient, and/or drainage design capabilities (WINDES or equivalent).
At Jacobs we see safety differently – we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
Salary: £35000 – £45000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: SY2, Boreton, Shropshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.