This challenging and exciting opportunity, based in the Yorkshire regional office, requires an ambitious Engineer within the field of Engineering Geology or Geotechnics who is looking to take the next step in their career and be responsible for the running of ground and site investigation projects within the company’s regional operations.
Our client is one of the leading independent geotechnical and ground engineering specialists in the UK. They have regional offices throughout the UK, as well as a large UKAS accredited laboratory, that enable them to deliver and take on projects nationwide and deliver high quality geotechnical, geo-environmental and ground engineering investigations and services. They operate within a variety of sectors that include high-rise buildings, brownfield and waterside developments, bridges, railways, highways, pipelines, offshore energy and multi-utilities. Projects vary in size and complexity, from small ground investigations to multi-million-pound developments for clients including private developers, house builders, architects, consultant engineers, government, local authorities, main contractors and utilities operators.
The ground engineering division of the business has a strategy to grow significantly over the next three to five years and have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer to play a key role in realising this strategy within their Northern Operations. The successful candidate will be a qualified Engineering Geologist or Geotechnical Engineer and have extensive experience in leading site and ground Investigation projects. Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the setting up and management of projects throughout the North of England, across a wide variety of sectors including; highways and rail infrastructure, utilities, environmental, commercial, education, and onshore/offshore energy.
* Provide operational and site assistance for all assigned projects and contracts
* The position will cover all aspects of planning, fieldwork supervision, soil and rock logging, factual report writing and programming of site / ground investigation projects
* Analyse project specifications to accurately plan site activities to ensure safe, profitable and timely delivery of works, including the appropriate use of required labour, plant, materials and resources
* Provide technical advice and assistance to operational teams
* Assist in the preparation of engineering reports and technical contracts / documentation
* Provide technical support and attend work winning interviews with clients
* Ensuring that you play an active role in keeping the team appropriately motivated to deliver high quality work for the business
* You will be a Degree qualified Engineer, preferably within Engineering Geology / Geotechnics
* The successful candidate must possess excellent organisational and communication skills, and would be expected to develop their project management skills
* Confident and knowledgeable about various site investigation techniques
* Completion of health and safety training schemes such as CSCS, SMSTS, and CDM 2007 Regulations preferred
* Excellent awareness of ground investigation specifications, procedures, techniques,
British Standards, Eurocode 7 and codes of practice, ICE and NCE contracts and the effective administration of them
* Awareness of data presentation using borehole logging software packages and report compilation
* Computer literate and competent in use of MS Office to create spreadsheets and other documents for effective reporting, communication and record keeping
* You will possess a good understanding in other areas of the general geotechnical and ground engineering field to enable you to offer truly holistic solutions
A highly attractive salary and benefits package (permanent) is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity and security of career, given the forward order workload and the company’s continued commitment to growth across the industry.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality.
Salary: £25000 – £27000/annum plus benefits package
Job Type: Permanent
Location: LS1, Leeds, West Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.