My client, A Romford based consultancy is a leading independent practice of Chartered Surveyors, Chartered Building Consultants and Construction Professionals that have been established for almost 40 years.
They are actively looking to recruit a Senior Building surveyor (MRICS) to get involved in taking full responsibility of projects from inception to completion.
Essential skills are as follows:-
* Site surveys and reporting (Schedules of Condition, Defect Diagnosis, etc.)
* Condition survey reports for planned maintenance and asset expenditure planning
* Preparing tender documents for refurbishment and alteration works. Preparing specifications and schedules
* Feasibility estimates
* Contract Administrator duties
* Employer’s Agent duties
* Fire Risk Assessments and related building surveying advice for mainly residential blocks and educational buildings.
Preferred skills, for which training and guidance can be given where experience is currently limited, are as follows:-
* Building Surveyor Expert Witness experience (i.e. disrepair and workmanship cases)
* Building survey/Acquisition reports (non-residential)
* Party Wall Surveying
* Dilapidations & license to alteration advice
* Principal Designer duties under the CDM Regs 2015
Desirable additional skills are as follows:-
* Proficient user of AutoCAD Architecture 2010 or newer
* Preparing plans and Building Control applications
* Preparing/arranging detailed technical drawings using AutoCAD for typical building surveys & design
* Able to use Microsoft Project
* Sustainability related advice, possibly including BREEAM qualifications, EPC experience
* Permanent full time, with a 6 months probationary period
* Start ASAP
* 22 days holiday plus 3 to 4 additional days at Christmas (in addition to public holidays)
* Up to three additional days holiday entitlement in subsequent continuous years worked
* Projected related business expenses paid (mileage £0.45 per mile)
* Predominantly based in Romford, Essex
* RICS subscription fees paid
* Workplace pension offered
* Driving license and car essential with business use insurance
* Must be a team player as well as a strong team leader
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
* Residential, Commercial, Education, Healthcare and Retail.
Salary: £60000 – £70000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Romford, Greater London
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.