My client is looking for a River & Coastal modeller or Senior modeller to join their growing team in Liphook due to continued success and growth within the sector.
In this role, you will be part of a specialist team delivering exciting environmental modelling and impact assessment projects, to clients in the UK and internationally. My client supports blue chip companies from the water, renewable energy, ports & harbours, and oil & gas sectors.
Required skills and experience
* Good IT literacy skills
* Degree in science, engineering, mathematics or geography
* Highly numerate
* Strong data analysis skills
* A high standard of scientific report writing
* Fluency in English
* MSc or PhD in relevant discipline
* Programming skills (e.g. Python, Matlab)
* Experience in river modelling and river modelling packages
* Experience in coastal modelling and coastal modelling packages
* Work package or project management experience
* Experience of stakeholder / regulator liaison (especially UK and Ireland)
* Knowledge of environmental legislation / policy (especially UK and Ireland)
* Commercial acumen
* Promotes company values to others and supports values in daily activities and decisions,
whilst incorporating company vision when planning
* Results driven to focus contribution on activities which meet company goals and deliver the
* Strategic foresight to predict and plan for the future
* Result orientated to ensure our people, customers and strategy are aligned
* Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
* The ability to demonstrate respect, equity and empathy for a diverse community
* Be aspirational in shaping yours and the company’s future by motivating and energising
colleagues in achieving united goals.
* Encourage teamwork (promote operational synergies and alignment) to support each other,
our customers and grow together
* Highly energised mindset with willingness and desire to learn and adapt individually as well
as creating an environment for people to grow
* Confident communicator (written/ oral) and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
* Motivated, self-starter
* Drive performance through setting clear performance expectations
* Drive performance by ensuring performance expectations are met
* Sets a high-performance culture
* Ability to recognise and reward strong individual and team performance
* Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
* Makes timely and sound decisions based on analysis of the information presented
* Fosters integrity and honesty
* Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards
* Highly organised with strong attention to detail
* Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in order to meet the demands of the role
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Salary: £30000 – £40000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Liphook, Hampshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.