Would you like to support young adults to get the best out of life? Are you someone who loves the outdoors? Set in the stunning countryside close to Stroud this residential service offers exceptional facilities to support the children and young adults with Autism and Learning Disabilities. Using a therapeutic and holistic philosophy to care for the young people, aiding their cognitive, emotional and physical development. There is more to life than classrooms, computers and homework. The children here set their own educational plan by focusing on the activities and learning that they enjoy. Gardening and pottery are just two examples of the fantastic activities you will take part in.
You will be supporting boys and girls between the ages of 16-25. If you enjoy a hands on, practical life then this is certainly the role for you. Join the dedicated team in this stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Salary £18,200 – £22,750 plus additional sleep in £78 per shift
* Free onsite parking
* Set in beautiful countryside location
* Joining an established close knit and dedicated team
* Thorough induction and specialist training provided such as CALM, PSTE
* Progression encouraged
* 33-38 days annual leave
* Supporting to help the young adults feel safe, respected and confident to achieve their goals
* Following a practiced and proven holistic care method
* Mentoring and educating the young people supporting with day to day needs
* Communicating with families so they feel understood and listened to
* Using the facilities on site, such as sensory room, wood workshops, gardens and much more to provide bespoke and exceptional learning support
* Support individuality with a therapeutic child-centred approach
* Managing and understanding behaviours of concern and the reasons for them
* Development of independent life skills both personal and practical
* Activities to motivate and engage the young people
* Development of social and emotional skills
* Positive engagement is key to encourage the young adults development
* Well written and comprehensive record keeping is vital noting behavioural changes
* Must be a driver with a full UK driving licence
* Preferred previous experience working within similar environment
* NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care desirable but not essential
* Flexibility to work alternate weekends
* Sleep In’s required
If this role seems to tick all the right boxes please apply today or contact Katy for more information on 07884 – (phone number removed).
Salary: £18500 – £26700/annum Sleep ins
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.