Residential Care Worker
Location: North Aston, Oxfordshire
Salary: £24,298 – £25,648 plus 45 per sleep in
Hours: 7 days on, 7 days off – 07:30- 22:00 & two on-call sleep in’s are required with one day off within your 7 days on. Free accommodation is provided for these 7 days on.
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
If you have been affected by Covid-19 and you are looking for a secure job, we may have the role for you! We are happy to review candidates who do not necessarily have Residential care experience. If you have worked within a role where skills such as de-escalation, helping with challenging behaviour and keeping calm under pressure were utilised, please do apply.
Park Farm is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ registered 8 bed residential home for girls aged 8-18 years with Social, Emotional and Mental health difficulties. The residential home is located near Oxford offers a therapeutic model of care to our residents that is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. Park Farm is supported by a specialist independent Ofsted registered school that provides our residents a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum to support their personal and academic needs. We are within commuting distance of Swindon, Gloucester, Banbury, Bicester, Birmingham, Milton Keynes, Oxford and other surrounding towns and villages.
Acorn Education and Care Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Who we are looking for?
Park Farm are looking for candidates who can use their interests to engage with the children we work with. If you love sports, cooking, orienteering, video games etc. and you are a confident person, who has engaged with challenging behaviour, we would love to hear from you. Our children need support workers who are caring and empathetic but also supportive and reliable and who can confidently take control of a challenging situation to show our children and young people they are safe and secure.
Benefits of working for us:
* 20 paid Holiday days, this equates to 3 weeks off 3 times a year- taking into consideration the rota pattern
* Free accommodation for the 7 days on shift
* “Your Wellbeing Matters”
* Employee Rewards Hub
* No two days are ever the same
* Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
* Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Job Summary and Duties:
Participate in the rota for care of Service Users as part of the care team. To include:
* Personal care
* Organising and participating in appropriate activities for Service Users
* Domestic duties including laundry
* Cooking and shopping
* Transporting Service Users to appointments and activities
Skills, Knowledge and Aptitudes:
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Effective communication skills, verbal and written
* Ability to record information accurately
* Good organisational skills
* Commitment to working positively with families and others
* Flexibility and willingness to work a shift system including weekends
* Ability to deal with complex and challenging behaviour
* A genuine regard and respect for this client group
* Ability to demonstrate empathy
* Basic IT skills
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Salary: £24298 – £25648/annum plus 45 per sleep
Job Type: Permanent
Location: North Aston, Oxfordshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.