“To me, making a difference to people’s lives… there’s no better feeling than that. There’s simply nothing else in the world I would want to do. Take that leap, you’ll never look back.” – Registered Locality Manager
Discovery supports adults with learning disabilities and/or autism across the county of Somerset. At Discovery we believe in person centred support, with a big focus on delivering care tailored to the individual, and to reflect this ethos we have made some exciting changes to the way our teams work. This has created new vacancies for experienced, ambitious registered managers to join us in the beautiful county of Somerset and to lead, mentor and develop a dedicated team of Support Workers to achieve our vision of better lives for more people.
Why choose Discovery?
Discovery are a not-for-profit enterprise committed to developing and rewarding our colleagues. So, if you are right for this role, we will offer:
* A salary of between £32,250 to £37,000 per annum (based on 37.5 hrs per week)
* A relocation package of up to £6000 and a generous welcome payment of up to £2500.
* Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
* Access to discounts on high street shopping, cinema tickets and meals out
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Pension scheme, Long Service Awards and Life Assurance.
What will I be doing?
As a Locality Manager you will lead from the front, providing a positive example to your team of good practice, ensuring that all within your team support people to be the best they can possibly be. Our Locality Managers our accountable for ensuring they facilitate and lead a safe practice, ensuring high quality support which meets all organisational and statutory requirements, and complies with both CQC and Discovery Guidelines. Whilst also managing their budgets and delivering on partnership commitments within their community.
For a full list of what you could soon be a part of, please review our attached job description.
What will I need?
Above all Locality Managers need to be committed to making a difference to the lives of the people we support, and be able to demonstrate our organisational values. In addition, you will need:
* Experience of working with people who have learning disabilities or autism.
* Experience of leading, developing and mentoring a team
* A level 4 Leadership and Management for Care qualification (or equivalent) or be willing to undertake and complete this qualification within 18 months.
* Knowledge and understanding of CQC guidelines and relevant legislation.
Further details on the Person Specification can be found in the attached document.
Sound like what you have been looking for? APPLY NOW!
Interviews will be held on 17 March via Microsoft Teams.
If you would like to be a part of our welcoming team here at Discovery, please apply by clicking the button below – upload your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements in the person specification. We will then be in touch. If you’d like more information or an informal chat about Discovery and this opportunity, please feel free to get in touch with Sean Grange on (phone number removed) or send an email to (url removed)
* This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
* Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. We welcome applications from people from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority backgrounds.
* Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in our offices using assistive technology.
Other organisations may call this role Residential Home Manager, Residential Home Supervisor, Care Home Manager, Care Home Supervisor, Social Care Manager, Team Manager, Registered Care Manager, Care Operations Manager, House Manager, Service Manager or Locality Manager.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.