Businesses need help to unleash the potential that is latent within them – too often they don’t have the objectivity to spot new opportunities that will help them evolve and grow.
Leyton helps them do just that. Founded in France in 1997 and now operating all over the world, we find opportunities in our clients’ processes and ways of working with them that others can’t see, then unlock them to create value efficiently.
In the UK, we have over 250 employees and offices in London, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh. We advise clients on all aspects of innovation funding, energy consultancy and capital advisory.
You will be working in a modern, dynamic office in the heart of the city-centre next to all major transport links and amenities. This is a team environment that suits people who enjoy working collaboratively where you will be recognised and praised for your achievements.
Taking ownership and managing your own workload is what we promote here at Leyton. There is no micro-management; instead, we look for employees to be proactive and think outside the box. You will have the opportunity to work within a variety of sectors and learn a range of new skills.
You will be joining a very friendly and welcoming work place, where you will be provided with continual ongoing training and professional development opportunities within the business.
Function of the role:
Our clients work in a wide range of industries; from scientists developing new medical technology to architects working on ground-breaking construction projects. Working within a team of science, IT, and engineering consultants, you will be working on cutting-edge research projects and given full responsibility of building your own relationships with senior and decision making clients.
The primary focus of the role will be to provide technical advice to UK companies by investigating their latest R&D projects to identify where qualifying work is taking place. You will be working with existing and new clients who invest in R&D, to extend and expand their businesses. You will provide clients with advice from both a tax and science/engineering perspective. You must be analytical and able to work within strict deadlines.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
* Working primarily in the preparation and review of science/engineering related R&D tax claims covering various industries ranging from (but not limited to) Financial Services, Pharmaceutical, Food, Construction, Chemicals, Heavy Industry and Automotive.
* Generating new cost-saving opportunities for business in relation to their R&D projects.
* Drafting clear technical and financial documents related to R&D activities.
* Working with a variety of high-profile clients and liaising with Managing Directors, Financial Directors, CEOs, CTOs.
* Interacting with HMRC, the tax authority, to defend the claim if necessary.
* Running workshops, addressing seminars, conferences, etc., to express professional views regarding R&D tax reliefs and other
* sources of R&D funding.
* Staying abreast of developments in industry and identifying new business opportunities.
Desired experience and skills:
* Minimum 2 years’ industrial or academic experience as a Scientist/Engineer or Researcher.
* Degree in a Science & Engineering related discipline (Master’s degree or PhD beneficial).
* Working experience in the R&D tax industry (preferable but not mandatory).
* Curiosity, awareness and an interest in science, technology and innovation.
* Excellent communication (both spoken and written) and ability to convey complex ideas as simple concepts.
* Excellent numerical ability and a proven track record of working to tight deadlines.
* Independent thinker and enthusiastic team player.
Leyton offers excellent benefits following a successful probationary period
* 25 days holiday + public holidays (Increases with tenure)
* Private Healthcare
* Dental Insurance
* Bring your dog to work policy
* Ride-to-work scheme
* Season ticket loan
* Free fruit, Snacks and Coffee
* Group personal pension
* Life assurance benefit of 4x basic salary
* Eye care
We are proud to have 1,600 employees in 32 offices across 12 countries in Europe, North Africa and North America. We have highly qualified teams of consultants in sales, science, tax, engineering and software who have helped deliver a high success rate for HMRC submissions.
If you’re looking for a role with incredible earning potential, a great environment with like-minded people and a 1st class training and development programme then please apply now!
The Leyton Group is committed to becoming an inclusive employer and proactive in improving diversity and equality across the Leyton Group without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Thank you for reviewing this vacancy. Should you apply for this role, your personal data will be processed in accordance with our privacy notice.
See the link below.
Any questions relating to privacy notice, please contact: dpm @ leyton. com
Salary: £35000/annum + High OTE & Excellent Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Glasgow, Glasgow City
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.