Quantity Surveyor – Social Housing
Omagh, Northern Ireland
£30,000 to £40,000 per annum plus package + Car
Our client is a successful privately owned maintenance contract based in the Omagh area. Due to expansion, they are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team. The company work in both reactive and pre-planned maintenance covering predominantly residential properties.
Key Responsibilities – Quantity Surveyor
* Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders to demanding timescales.
* Assist in the development of the procurement programme.
* Prepare and monitor cash flow forecast for designated projects.
* Prepare and submit monthly applications for payment to the Client/Client’s representative.
* Prepare monthly valuation reports for Senior Management.
* Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time.
* Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
* Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
* Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary, building relationships and demonstrating excellent communication skills.
* Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale.
* Assist in the control of individual contract budgets.
Key skills and Qualifications
* Holds the relevant qualifications
* Must be an experienced Construction Quantity Surveyor
* Ideally to have worked with the public sector
* Social Housing/Planned Works experience preferable
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
* Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence
The company will provide a competitive salary, company car, pension and private health care. Please contact Ian on (phone number removed) for a confidential discussion regarding this role.
Salary: £30000 – £40000/annum Company Car and Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Omagh, Fermanagh and Omagh
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.