Quantity Surveyor – £50,000 – £70,000 – Colchester (Office based)
A leading company in the civils sector is seeking a Quantity Surveyor, ideally with estimating skills in civil engineering and in possession of commercial building knowledge, to provide a technical and commercial service from pre-contract to final account.
· Experience with NRM2 (SMM7) and CESMM forms of measurement; conversant with JCT and NEC forms of contract
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven negotiating skills and a strong knowledge of quantity surveying methods and techniques.
· Analytical skills, with an eye for detail and aptitude for maths; Good computer skills including MS suite, MS Project, Conquest also required.
· Ideally have a Degree within a related discipline, i.e. Quantity Surveying or estimating.
· Must live within an hours commute of Colchester.
The key responsibilities of a Quantity Surveyor include, but are not limited to:
· Maintain and operate estimating database in Conquest or similar.
· Preparation and submission of valuations, claims, interim payment applications and final accounts.
· Responding effectively to the business and client needs, maintaining customer service through regular client meetings and open communication channels.
If you are interested in hearing more about this position please apply today, give Martin Lively a call on (phone number removed) or send an email to (url removed)
Salary: £50000 – £65000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.