An opportunity for a Quality Manager to lead a small team in a highly successful international business which designs and manufactures electro mechanical equipment. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will manage all aspects of Quality in relation to the design and manufacture of the company’s product range.
Key responsibilities of the Quality Manager will include:
* Maintaining and continuously improving the facility’s ability to retain its ISO9001 and Product certification approvals, including key metric data collection and review, successful preventive and corrective action implementation and operation of internal audit scheduling.
* Working both with the site and Group Quality Management to maintain and continuously improve Group QA standards and procedures within the Quality Management System (QMS).
* Working with Materials Management, Production Engineering, Manufacturing, and Product Development functions with respect to using best practice quality systems and procedures to achieve continuous improvement.
* Working with Production to ensure that defect levels are monitored at all critical stages of the manufacturing process from materials goods-in to product dispatch and trends fed back to all areas to allow and ensure appropriate action is taken to continuously reduce defect levels and improve quality.
* Working with Product Development Engineers supporting technical documentation generation to ensure maintenance and change are rigorously controlled, and that development work conforms to agreed procedures: from the approval of a requirement specification; team resource planning & allocation; project scheduling with key milestones; through to fully validated and documented product release. Assisting with risk assessments and FMEA within product and process development.
* Working with Materials Management and suppliers to ensure consistently good quality materials and robust procedures are in place to deal with: control of reject materials; rework procedures and related stock control; approval of suppliers and tracking/corrective action control for purchased reject materials.
* Working with Group Quality Management, Service, Applications, Portfolio Management to regularly review and speedily resolve prioritized customer issues within the format of the Group QMS.
* Produce regular Quality Reports using key metrics to clearly show overall monthly trends for customer based defects, manufacturing defects, and analysis of the top issues with a status on preventive / corrective action. Working with the site team and the Group to continuously improve quality against agreed and clearly visible targets.
Applicants should be Degree or equivalent qualified and possess QM experience within an electro mechanical manufacturing environment. You will be working amongst a multi disciplined management team committed to product development and prior team working experience in such a set up is strongly desirable. You will ideally be familiar with EC directives and have strong communication skills and be self motivated and positive in your approach.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Maldon, Essex
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.