Gulmay has pioneered the design of innovative x-ray generators and controls for almost 40 years. Operating from offices and manufacturing facilities in the UK and with sales and service centres in the USA, China & Germany and with a worldwide network of distributors. Gulmay has a strong internal culture of teamwork and work-life balance. We value our employees and strive to create a positive, relaxed and enjoyable working environment.
We currently require an experienced Quality Manager to be responsible for the day-to-day functions and management of the QA department in Byfleet, to ensure our Quality strategies, systems and standards are met and developed across the business. As part of Gulmay’s management team, you will be expected to contribute to the company and your departments strategic development.
* Establish required quality standards (including RosH & CE) for all products, sub-assemblies and components that are purchased or manufactured by the Company.
* Building & maintaining relationships with external & internal customers including to ensure ISO compliance across the business.
* Maintain the documented Company Quality Manual, Policy, procedures and work instructions are in line with ISO9001 requirements.
* Continuously improve procedures, documents and controls to ensure that the quality of products and services are consistently maintained and conform to ISO, perform root cause analysis as required.
* Oversee the Calibration, Inspection and Reject Systems, introducing Corrective and Preventive measures as required
* Responsibility for Customer Quality, including the management of all customer issues across the business, ensuring Customer Audits, Surveys and Quality KPIs are performed and reviewed.
* Review processes for measuring Internal, Supplier and Customer quality performance.
* Conduct Quality Management Reviews and Internal Audits in line with ISO, establishing new processes and procedures to improve product & component quality & customer service levels.
* Working across the business to use proactive methods (e.g. FMEA) in establishing the most suitable product designs and manufacturing processes.
* Develop and continuously improve Lean and 6-Sigma methodologies to working practices
* Liaise with external bodies (e.g. ISO inspectors, consultants) to ensure that all inspections are successfully completed, and any follow-up actions are completed.
* Establish and record Concessions and/or Change Notes as required, ensuring any Engineering Changes required have appropriate Quality Controls introduced, and are correctly implemented.
* Qualified to HND level or higher in an appropriate Engineering discipline.
* Several years proven experience of performing a Quality management role within an electro-mechanical manufacturing business.
* Successful experience of building, leading and developing staff within a QA team.
* Able to effectively communicate to customers, suppliers, and internal staff at all levels.
* Strong Quality ethos, with the ability promote the Quality culture across the business
* Ability to problem solve & achieve tangible improvements to processes & products with the use of continuous improvement & Lean manufacturing techniques, Experience of 6-Sigma preferred.
* Must be prepared to travel as required to address customer and supplier issues.
Salary: £Dependant on experience + Bonus, 25 days annual holiday, Healthcare, free parking
Salary: £45000 – £60000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: KT14, Byfleet, Surrey
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.