Our client are a medium sized engineering firm looking to recruit a quality engineer to join the team.
The main emphasis of the Production Quality Engineer will be to provide Quality and Engineering support to the production facility, undertaking engineering and quality activities to ensure that all products supplied are in accordance with national and internationally recognised standards and customer specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Work to product standards and specifications.
* Responsible for the final sign-off of non-conformance reports.
* Responsible for monitoring scrap rates and producing KPI’s that will be presented monthly to the Production Engineering Manager.
* Assessing operator competence
* Perform weekly internal snap audits.
* Perform in-process inspection across all stages of production.
* Support First Article Inspections.
* Support warranty investigations.
* Investigate any quality issues to identify root causes and implement corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
* Maintain internal document management system.
* Thorough understanding of methods and processes involved in manufacturing.
* Proficient in the use of measurement and test equipment.
* Ability to work well in a team.
* Possess problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Experience in operating a Co-ordinate Measuring Machine/Faro arm is desirable but not essential.
Qualifications & experience
* Engineering/Quality Apprenticeship
* ONC/HNC in Engineering/Quality
* Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
To apply please forward your cv in word format.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Trafford Park, Trafford
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.