Excellent training programme, progressive and rapidly expanding company, free parking, great hours, discounts on popular branded clothing, friendly and supportive team in a fast paced environment!
We are recruiting for a Quality Control Assistant to join a friendly and well-established client based in St Albans. The company are market leaders in design, sourcing, marketing and distribution, and work with big, global brands!
The essence of the role is quality checks of fashion products prior to despatching them out to customers. Using your previous experience of handling clothing and/or footwear products, you will ensure particular quality standards are met.
* Monitoring incoming deliveries of garments and footwear to ensure they match the high quality level expected
* Selecting small batches of each delivery to check and ensure they meet quality requirements
* Ensuring that the construction, colour, trims, branding and packaging of garments/footwear match the specifications
* Maintaining accurate records of findings during inspection
* Maintaining the quality control diary and ensuring all entries are up to date
* Reporting directly to the QC Manager and flagging up any issues found in the inspected samples
What do we need from you?
* At least 1 years’ experience in quality control or returns of garments/footwear – essential
* Driving licence and own car is a must – occasional travel to Welwyn Garden City required
* Demonstrable experience of working in a fast-paced environment covering quality control
* Clear communicator – fluency in English is essential
* An understanding of garment supply or manufacturing, including alteration workshops would be advantageous
* Good eye for detail and ability to see it within the big picture
* Ability to use computer systems to track, record and flag up issues
* Good command of MS Office, especially Excel
Salary: £17k – £19k, depending on experience
Hours: Mon – Fri, 8am-4pm
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Salary: £17000 – £19000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.