Purchasing and Supply Chain Assistant
Based at our head office in Knaresborough we are looking to recruit a Purchasing and Supply Chain Assistant into our growing operations team to assist with the growth of the business.
Working as part of our team you will develop, grow, and maintain strong relationships across the supplier portfolio and will assist in monitoring, purchasing, and sourcing, new and existing products. You will assist in driving the continuous growth of the business working to optimise sales, margins, and inventory.
* Monitoring stock levels and purchasing requirements using WMS and Excel driven reports
* Raising and sending Purchase orders through the Stock management system
* Data analysis and producing reports to support above
* Monitor and Expedite outstanding purchase orders from suppliers including Far East supply chain
* Maintaining and updating the company’s stock management system
* Building and managing relationships with current suppliers, both Face to Face and via email and calls, maintaining regular communication.
* Assisting Head of Operations to source new products and seek out new suppliers to meet targets
* Building out Onboarding documentation for Product manager
* Sending and chasing RFQ’s for Sales and Trade Sales
* Working in tandem with the Operations Team to communicate any supply problems or risks that may impact on business operations to the wider teams
* Assist with import shipping including Tariff codes/document handling from Europe and Far East, working with Logistics Supervisor to maintain a continuous flow of stock without constricting the Warehouse of space.
* Working with Head of Operations and Product Manager to highlight any product issues, recurring faults and return reasons on general product skus
* Working with Head of Operations, identify slow moving and or underperforming products
The ideal Candidate will be
* Will be able to demonstrate Tangible Buying experience
* Experience in a fast-paced environment
* Experience in Ecommerce
* Experience in working with Far East Suppliers
* Experience with Freight Forwarding
* Confident with the ability to make decisions under pressure
* Analytical and numerical with a keen eye for detail
* Ability to forge and maintain strong relationships with suppliers
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionally with others in the wider business
* Strong commercial awareness
Salary: £20000 – £25000/annum Pension, Holidays etc
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.