Hampshire County Council are currently recruiting a temporary Project Offficer. Providing project support and assistance for the Home to School Transport Service, contributing to key areas of the T21 savings programme. Assisting with the Parental Mileage Allowance (PMA) workstream aiming to deliver £530k savings per annum. Assisting with the development of processes and systems for the External Contractor workstream and embedding change within the team to ensure the new ways of working become Business as Usual.
Your organisation, attention to detail, proactive approach and ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously are essential to ensure that targets and expectations are met. There are two Project Officers sharing the workload and you are required to work well together but with the ability to work autonomously and to deadlines.
In addition to your input towards the T21 programme, you will often be required to assist with other projects within the Service so you must be flexible and able to adapt in ever-changing circumstances.
· Provide comprehensive and efficient project support to meet business requirements to a high standard.
· Identify savings opportunities by offering PMAs to families and thinking creatively to create opportunities where they are not automatically apparent.
· Compiling business cases to evidence savings and maintaining comprehensive records of conversations and decision making for management reporting.
· Utilise specialist scheduling software packages to create efficient and effective transport solutions for large scale Sole Provider tenders.
· Assisting with developing key aspects of the External Contractor workstream, such as contract mobilisation and implementation, contract variation (ensuring sustainable savings) and ongoing contract monitoring and management to ensure KPIs are met.
· Creating detailed yet clear Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in order to embed change within the Service and ensure the new ways of working become Business as Usual.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Experience of working in a project based role, or a proven ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously to conflicting deadlines.
· Comfortable in a customer-facing role, and the ability to effectively communicate with a range of Stakeholders to achieve the desired outcome.
· Excellent IT skills, including experience of working with a range of Microsoft Office programmes such as, Excel, Outlook and Teams and with a willingness to learn new software programs.
· Ability to accurately collate, manipulate and present data to evidence outputs and activity.
· Demonstrate effective planning to manage and prioritise workload, staying on task with minimal supervision within a busy work environment.
· Flexible team player prepared to undertake a variety of tasks often simultaneously
Connect2Hampshire, part of Hampshire & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Salary: £13.00 – £13.76/hour
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.