We are looking to appoint a Project Manager to support our work on the Governments flagship Kickstart Programme. The selected individual will play a critical role in the delivery of NSAR’s ongoing commitment to ensure that industry is able to support individuals to gain a high quality 6 month work placement within the sector.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
• Implementing an agreed business plan for delivery of a largescale Kickstart provision within an identified employer member
• Act as the main point of contact and project manager for the Kickstart programme. Liaising with lead employers, DWP, and JCP to ensure clear communications are produced for all supporting suppliers and manage expectations as required.
• Overall responsibility of planning and delivery of relevant employability sessions. Working with pre agreed partners to ensure that the provision provided meets both participants and employer expectations.
• Ensure the upskilling of Managers and Mentors to the status of ‘Youth Ready’ through the support of a Designated Safeguarding Officer.
• Work internally and externally to ensure provision is quality assured and that outcomes are tracked and recorded to ensure the highest standards are delivered.
• Carry out visibility workshops to raise the profile of employers directly to candidates and ensure suitability through the Project Co-ordinators.
• Management of up to three Project Co-ordinators whose responsibility is to support with the sifting, referral and support of participants.
• Delivery of a clear exit strategy for young people leaving programme to ensure maximum redeployment within sector or via alternative routes.
• Support a robust programme review, including social value metrics, on employer activity and candidate outcomes. Demonstrating value delivered back to government and third parties.
Project Manager Requirements:
• Project management and strong organisational skills;
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience operating within a senior position within a corporate organisation and/or supporting body;
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral to include public speaking;
• Excellent interpersonal skills – able to build rapport quickly, influential and supportive;
• Deep understanding of barriers to long term stable employment facing young people;
• An experience of creating and developing high quality solutions with both public and private funding;
• Youth Centric – Experience in removing barriers to work for young people;
• Experience of working across an organisation commissioning suitable partners and managing key stake holders to achieve a common goal
• Ability to manage complex and political environments in a pragmatic and professional efficient manner
National Skills Academy for Rail (NSAR) is a membership organisation within the rail sector focused on bringing together government, employers, training providers, colleges and universities to deliver industry needs. We work collaboratively across the transport industry and key stakeholders to provide awareness, advice, and support for members to enable them to help build effective skills strategies.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 40 per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £45,000 to £48,000 per annum
You may have experience of the following: Project Manager, Project Management, Programme Manager, Programme Management, PMP, Prince2, etc.
Salary: £45000 – £48000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.