The Project Manager is to deliver large single projects or multiple on-going projects, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance.
The role also involves working closely with the Estimating Department, engineers and surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner, whilst ensuring customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
* Monitoring and controlling project costs and producing reports to Seniors Managers/Directors on project performance, efficient team building and labour organisation as required.
* Develop engineering solutions in order that a buildable cost-effective construction solution is delivered that fulfils the client’s requirements
* Build and maintain good relationships with the customer, framework suppliers and design consultants
* Chair site meetings and ensure the production of accurate records of any discussions and actions.
* Maintaining Site Records and communications between all parties involved on the contract.
* Develop and maintain construction programmes with Company staff.
* Review and Monitor Project progress, budget resources and forward planning.
* Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, risk assessments, method statements, site waste management plans, and procurement of plant and materials are in line with company procedures
* Review work packages and ensure scope of work is clearly defined and understood.
* Organisation and control of both direct labour and Subcontractors.
* Deliver projects from design phase to completion including all handover documentation and ensure defect / snag free completion.
* Establish standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications / requirements.
* Be responsible for producing ITP’s and ensure they are signed off by relevant parties
* Ensure that the QA File is produced and maintained
* Ensure as builts and O&M manuals are submitted to client on completion
* Prepare comprehensive estimates for additional work outside target costs
* Assist with estimating new tenders
Health & Safety Role
* By example, set the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of HS&E procedures and best practice, ensuring compliance with Company procedures and legal obligations.
* Understand and implement the company safety policy
* Ensure all HSE-related documents are kept up to date
* Manage unsafe behaviours and situations effectively, escalate to senior management when formal processes are needed
* Allocate HSE responsibilities and duties for site personnel, check understanding and provide training as necessary
* Produce risk assessments relevant to site activities and implement controls. Produce method statements for work activities in line with company systems of work
* Manage any substances on site, ensure requirements under COSHH regulations are met
* Ensure accident, incident and near miss reporting procedures are understood and implemented. Conduct initial investigation stage and follow escalation channels
* Manage on site permit to work procedures
* Control the safe use of equipment on site through checking pre-use inspections, maintenance records and LOLER certificates
* Ensure that site waste management plans and site-specific environmental risk assessments are produced and maintained
* Provide communication and updates of safety issues and performance indicators to management
Salary: £48000 – £52000/annum Car or Allowance + Package
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.