A global construction company is seeking to recruiting an experienced Project Accountant to lead the reporting of project costs, revenue and profit and maintain efficient financial control of major, high profile construction projects.
This role is a long-term maternity cover due to commence during June or July (depending on applicant notice period) and continuing until at least October 2022.
Our client is a global developer and operator of flagship residential, office, retail and exhibition venues across the largest cities in Europe and the United States. With a multi-billion-dollar construction project pipeline, they are a leading name in their sector and a highly desirable prospective employer.
Project Financial Controls and Reporting:
* Ensure budgets are in place for all development works and sign-off is obtained before expenditure is committed
* Review project feasibilities and check that these align to legal contractual structures
* Liaise with Development Analysts to monitor actual costs incurred against the feasibility and highlight any variances
* Ensure variances are investigated and resolved promptly with the appropriate approvals
* Review the monthly Construction cost report and critically assess the accuracy and completeness of the information provided including total forecast cost, budget and any risks and opportunities
* Liaise closely with and support the Construction team to allow accurate reporting of accruals and cash forecasts
* Assist senior commercial and development staff with their queries as well as provide other internal departments with cost reporting information as required
* Preparation of monthly cost and income accruals, and monthly project funding requests.
* Reconcile project financial data from existing financial systems and reports e.g. Investment Recs to Pipeline report and BFC. Ensure any variances are identified and corrected in line with Group Authority limits
* Review and appraisal of the spend to date and forecast ensuring reasonableness of spend on a residential block by block basis
* Provide input into the business planning and QFR process ensuring profit release is aligned to accounting standards
* Identifying and reporting of departmental / project Risks and Opportunities
* Challenge the status quo and continuously make innovative improvements to system and reporting processes
* Assist with the preparation of the business strategy by collating project data into a workable position so that ongoing reporting becomes as automated as possible
* Provide detail and support the Development team with any Joint Venture Reporting
* Work closely with Central Finance, Development Analysts and other operational departments to ensure project financial data reported is complete, accurate and presented in a timely manner
* Provide accurate and timely information to all key stakeholders in respect of project financial data as required
* Working with the Tax team, provide support and advice on the VAT status of construction works
* Provide significant project support in respect of SAP system roll-out
Compliance and Financial Control:
* Ensure reporting of project financial data complies with relevant statutory regulations and internal policies and procedures
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
* Qualified or QBE Accountant
* Construction sector experience including CIS, construction VAT and project profit recognition
* Experience working on large scale projects (residential or other)
* Good Excel and analytical skills
* JD Edwards, SAP, BFC or Proliance experience all beneficial but not essential
Job Type: Permanent, Contract, Temporary
Location: Stratford and New Town, Greater London
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.