Iconx have an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager to join their team.
Location: Keighley, West Yorkshire
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
Iconx is a privately-owned award-winning company and is a genuine world leader in automated key cutting technologies. We manufacture, distribute, install, maintain and commercially manage our semi-automated and fully automated key cutting machines. We partner with many of the UK’s largest retailers, under our My Key Machine brand.
Our mission is to always deliver the best key cutting and retail solutions through innovative products, great service and outstanding Customer support.
We are a rapidly growing business with a robust plan for continued expansion in both our UK and overseas markets. We provide excellent opportunities for career progression and personal development, as well as an industry-leading package of colleague benefits.
Production Manager – The Role:
The Production Manager role is a senior position within our business and forms part of the leadership team, with responsibility for all operations at our modern assembly and manufacturing site. This role will focus on all aspects of production and assembly of the finished machines in the most cost-effective manner. This will involve maintaining the highest quality standards, whilst delivering finished machines on time, in a safe and efficient working environment.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Production Manager will need to be an excellent communicator and able to develop good working relationships at all levels. They will lead and manage the factory’s activities on day-to-day basis, having an ability to identify and reduce risk, whilst maximising output.
Production Manager – Key Responsibilities:
– Manage your team with a hands-on approach
– Mentor, coach and support team members, whilst understanding and addressing their development and training needs
– Continuously improve established procedures, practices, methodologies, working practices and systems, ensuring compliance of our ISO9001 accreditation, creating procedures, technical updates, fact sheets and instructions as required
– Develop production methods and production schedules, preparing and maintaining standardised work documentation
– Ensure production is in-line with pre-set schedules, keeping the business fully informed of any changes or potential impact on agreed timelines
– Produce production reports for the Board, detailing progress/cost vs budget, and resource hours in comparison to pre-agreed schedules
– Manage assets and equipment, keeping the company Machine Asset Log up to date with all newly manufactured machines
– Monitor and help control the quality of work from the pre-assembly stage through to a finished machine, helping to identify potential problems and improvements
– Review staff competences in order to develop, manage and maintain a training matrix and plan for team members
– Manage the available capacity and workload of the production team, evaluating and reviewing their on-going performance
– Measure the efficiency of all manufacturing operations, identify inadequate processes and specify technical manufacturing requirements to make improvements
– Take direct responsibility for procurement, ensuring parts are ordered in-line with production schedules
Production Manager – You:
– At least five years of experience in Production Management within a manufacturing environment, ideally automotive, automation or machine assembly
– Proven experience of guiding, supporting and nurturing a team
– A natural leader who can motivate, inspire and get the best out of those around them
– Exceptional project management skills and experience, with an excellent understanding of modern project management methodologies and practices
– Engineering related degree in mechanical, manufacturing, automotive engineering or similar discipline
– HNC/HND in Engineering (desirable)
– Ability to multi-task and problem solve with the capability to work under pressure, with proven ‘hands on’ factory floor experience
– Experience working within an ISO9001 quality framework with a good understanding of process control and quality in production
– HEAD, HEART, HANDS
Production Manager – A package of industry-leading benefits:
– 20 days holiday (rising to 25 days after 2 years) plus bank holidays
– Extra day off for birthdays
– Company life insurance
– 1 month additional holiday after 10 years of employment
Iconx – winner of the Keighley and Airedale SME Business of the year and Overall Business of the Year 2018 awards
Our work environment has been subject to a full Covid-19 audit and comprehensive safety and social distancing measures are in place.
To submit your CV for this exciting Production Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
Salary: £45000 – £50000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.