We are currently recruiting for a Production Area Manager – High Care – Tuesday – Saturday 9pm – 6am to be based at our Melton Foods site in Melton Mowbray.
Melton Foods is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
Pro-actively manage and prioritise the daily workload of a High Care shift, communicating actions to relevant stakeholders to achieve KPIs in line with expectations.
* Management and achievement of KPI’s, in relation to production efficiencies, customer service, cost control, people, quality and health and safety through a continuous improvement approach
* Management, training and development of Team Leaders and their teams to ensure optimum effectiveness and efficiency
* Co-ordination of permanent and temporary labour during shift
* Appreciation and responsibility for product quality and safety
* Undertake and lead key business projects
* Liaise with all other areas of the business to ensure successful achievement of manufacturing targets
* Understanding and involved in the NPD process.
* Responsibility for all people management aspects of team/s
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focused on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
* Previous management experience within a food manufacturing environment
* Intermediate/Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate or NVQ Level III or above
* Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
* Extensive knowledge of HACCP & quality systems
* Able to supervise team members directly and indirectly
* Good communication skills (including telephone)
* Eye for detail and Ability to challenge
* Good IT Skills (MS Packages)
What we have to offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: LE13, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.