This vacancy has arisen within this businesses R&D department for an experienced Product Engineer, providing life-cycle support of existing products.
The main function of the role is to evaluate and implement design change requests, looking at how to make them more efficient, re-drawing AutoCAD designs in Solidworks.
This is a great opportunity within clients centre of excellence, which is privately owned, with operations in 20 countries.
They currently have a number of patents, world firsts and are committed to continuous product development on a concurrent engineering basis.
* Preparing, maintaining and revision control of 3D CAD models, drawings and BOM’s using SolidWorks and Keytech PLM software
* Updating and correcting CAD modelling errors in legacy SolidWorks Drawings, Parts and Assemblies, Re-drawing legacy AutoCAD designs in SolidWorks
* Provide CAD draughting support to Research and Development Engineers
* Work closely with and support other departments (Production, Production Engineering, Purchasing, Quality) and suppliers to improve existing designs with respect to design for manufacture and assembly
* Provide assistance to other departments and suppliers to help solve technical problems during manufacture and assembly
* Oversee validation testing required during the design change process and summarise results in a technical report, provide input to new product development based on experience of existing products
* Performance of other tasks as detailed by the Development Manager – Mechanical and/or the Technical Director.
* HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical and/or Production Engineering or related subject or relevant experience in lieu
* Excellent practical experience in 3D CAD is essential, preferably using SolidWorks
* Experience in PLM Systems and document revision control
* Familiar with the principles of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
* Experience in a product development and product manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of special materials such as austenitic and Duplex stainless steels, hastelloy, titanium, tantalum etc. would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of permanent joining methods such as welding, brazing, adhesive bonding etc and knowledge of manufacturing processes such as casting, injection moulding, machining, fabrication, forming etc.
Salary / Package:
* Bonus £5,000 per year
* Free life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Possible relocation assistance
Commutable from Milton Keynes, Leicester, Peterborough, Rugby, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough, Banbury, Market Harborough, St Neots
Salary: £35000 – £40000/annum + Bonus, Life Assurance
Job Type: Permanent
Location: NN1, Northampton, Northamptonshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.